BoS HQ and Edinburgh Castle

Edit My Images
Yes
Taken on Saturday night when we headed down the Bridges for a stroll around the German Market and the Amusements in Princess Street Gardens.

117577975-L.jpg

117578042-L.jpg

117578174-L.jpg

See ya,

Mike.

Nice to see the Scots are still flying the Union Flag in the third shot.

I always forget to take the tripod on evening walks and it looks like I have come over all of a tremble when I hand hold longer than I should.

some lovely shots of my favourite city! Thanks for sharing! (y)

Very nice, look beautiful illuminated like they are - night shots look amazing when they are well executed (y)

Liking the third shot - looks great with the flag flying as a contrast of colour againt the sandy stonework :clap:

Thanks for sharing(y)

Nice shots Mikey! (y)

To improve you want to avoid blowing the highlights (where lamps on building light stonework) by using a slightly shorter exposure or narrowing the aperature. A bit of light in the sky would have made these shots stronger, although I acknowledge you probably could not do much about the time you were there.

Edinburgh must look great at this time of year! Well done!

Nice to see the Scots are still flying the Union Flag in the third shot.

I always forget to take the tripod on evening walks and it looks like I have come over all of a tremble when I hand hold longer than I should.
I was lucky with the shota as there are plenty of places to lean around this area, the first 2 shots were taken from Norrth Bridge so I just leaned on that ( with a firm hold on the camera of course to prevent it falling onto the roof of Waverly train station :D

some lovely shots of my favourite city! Thanks for sharing! (y)
Thanks, yeah, a great place, and a great time of year to visit too.

Very nice, look beautiful illuminated like they are - night shots look amazing when they are well executed (y)

Liking the third shot - looks great with the flag flying as a contrast of colour againt the sandy stonework :clap:

Thanks for sharing(y)
Glad you like them, I must admit I just composed the shots and let the camera do the rest, plus a little work in Picasa to 'tidy' them up.

Nice shots Mikey! (y)

To improve you want to avoid blowing the highlights (where lamps on building light stonework) by using a slightly shorter exposure or narrowing the aperature. A bit of light in the sky would have made these shots stronger, although I acknowledge you probably could not do much about the time you were there.

Edinburgh must look great at this time of year! Well done!
As mentioned above I just let the camera set everything as I didn't have much time to fiddle about ( wife was hurrying me along to get to the German Market and the amusements just off Princess Street ! ), If I get back across I will have a go at what you suggest. I did have some sky and clouds showing in the shot of the Bank and the Castle but it was far too grainy and I thought it looked better with the sky blackened out. Thanks for the tips though, always eager to learn.

Have a great Christmas everyone,

See ya,

Mike.

Back