Boscombe Pier - Mono long exposure

Edit My Images
Yes
It's been so long since I've been doing any proper photography... other commitments, lack of enthusiasm I guess.

What are your thoughts on this?

9497681386_b8c8726f81_o.jpg

Really nice image, perfect symmetry that I bet took a lot of tripod re-arranging! Well worth it!

The straight lines of the decking and the sweep of the clouds across the sky work well together to make it an interesting shot. My eyes don't seem to know where to stop looking though, it's like they just keep moving looking for the main subject.

I do like it though, and in black and white works nicely.

Wel done!

Nice. Very very nice.

Really nice image, perfect symmetry that I bet took a lot of tripod re-arranging! Well worth it!

Thanks! :) I've got a nice sturdy tripod, so once it was in place it was ok.

The straight lines of the decking and the sweep of the clouds across the sky work well together to make it an interesting shot. My eyes don't seem to know where to stop looking though, it's like they just keep moving looking for the main subject.

I do like it though, and in black and white works nicely.

Wel done!

Thanks also! Yes I would agree there - perhaps that's why it's not quite "sitting" with me... :thinking:

Nice. Very very nice.

Thanks also :)

I really like it. You might want to get rid of that "dust bunny" that has crept in... Annoying little buggers aren't they. I live in Bournemouth too so its nice to see local shots.

Thanks! Yes, the stupid thing was: I saw the dust bunny on camera after taking the shots, made a mental note to remove it in PP. Then I saw it while doing PP - made a mental note to remove it from the (separate) sky layer.... then forgot :LOL:

I just removed the spot and added to Flickr, see what they think too :)

Boscombe Pier Mono by AshMashMash, on Flickr

AshMashMash said:
Thanks also! Yes I would agree there - perhaps that's why it's not quite "sitting" with me... :thinking:

I really like this, I think the clouds really add to the image. Is it just slightly slowing down to the right or just a trick of the photo? I can't decide.

I really like this, I think the clouds really add to the image. Is it just slightly slowing down to the right or just a trick of the photo? I can't decide.

Thanks very much :)

Right, or left? Looks slower on the L (as you look at it) to me... either way, it's just the way the clouds were, the clouds are one shot, about 3 mins I think.

Back