Botswana Lion

Name
Russell
Edit My Images
No
I made a New Year resolution to start editing more images, so I have gone back through the old catalogue and got processing. A new multisync has given me a new incentive too.

Botswana is a incredible destination and the place I always seem to find myself returning year after year. These were taken in 2007,2008 & 2010, through both the rainy and dry season :)

Need to select about 2/3 three images from this selection for a small presentation I am giving, which do you think I should use?

Botswana_lions_06462.jpg

Botswana_lions_0311.jpg

Botswana_lions_0296.jpg

Botswana_lions_0183.jpg

Botswana_lions_0200.jpg

Botswana_lions_0262.jpg

Excellent shots in beautiful light Russell. (y)

Love them all but 1 and 5 stand out to me as the best

I would like to single some out but to me they are ALL fantastic. Well done (envy).

:)

Top shots - any would be tops for your presentation - just depends what you want to focus on.

No. 6 is the typical postcard photo, shame he has an injury to his back leg though.

Great set of images, 2 5 6 9 are the best in my opinion. How hard did you find to approach / find the lions and stay on the safe side?
Thanks Daugirdas.

These lions are habituated to vehicles, so approaching them is not really an issue. They normally ignore you 95% of the time.

Most of these were taken in Botswana's private concession, so you can off-road and get into the perfect position, which really helps.

wow wow wow stunning shots, all seem perfect to me :)

Think #1 is the best, fantastic bokeh.

Has there been much PP

woops my mistake, didnt read the description, pics caught my eye instead :p

Last edited:
Great set of pics there, Have to say love 3,5,6,and 8 :).......keep them coming

Wow! They are fantastic. Especially #1 and #3

1,3,6,7,9 are AMAZING! obviously there all extremely good but those one really shone out for me.

Well done! There great....

Sent from my iPhone using TP Forums

Great shots. Well done

They are all splendid! that looks a nasty scrape on the knee of your young fellow in #6

For me the look of sheer hedonistic joy in the attitude of the mature fella in #1 really appeals to me. It illustrates the males life within the pride beautifully.

Keep editing...please! :D

Back