Bradford on Avon

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
Took a walk through Bradford on Avon this afternoon ... there is a stone bridge across the River Avon in the centre of the town and it has an old jailhouse built into the bridge. Earlier this year the Avon burst its banks in this location causing a considerable amount of damage to property alongside the river ... a couple of views...

1. The bridge, showing the jailhouse

View attachment 25449

2. The bridge from the opposite walkway

View attachment 25450

3. Wharf buildings alongside the river

View attachment 25451

Love #1- such a serene image, and so nicely composed in terms of colour as well as space- just a pity there is that black staircase drawing the eye.

Last edited:
By the time I got to Bradford on Avon the sun had unfortunately done a runner so it was a bit drab, but enjoyed the visit - 10-stop would have frozen the water but I'm not over-keen for these type of images ... think it's going to be too late to get better this year :)

By the time I got to Bradford on Avon the sun had unfortunately done a runner so it was a bit drab, but enjoyed the visit - 10-stop would have frozen the water but I'm not over-keen for these type of images ... think it's going to be too late to get better this year :)

Neither am I, its a bit cliched, unless the water is moving quickly I wouldn't bother with long exp. I like the compositions and you have it licked, just when the light is right you know what needs done. That lovely stone work with a low sun will go lovely and golden, and a bit earlier in autumn and it will be an great image. I can see it in my minds eye

Number 1 for me gramps. (y)

Back