Bradgate Park, Leicestershire

smr

Name
Joel
Edit My Images
No
Beautiful set.
I might try to clone out the light trail in the first though. It draws the eye.

Reactions: smr
I'm with Ruth on these - lovely set, except for the last 2, which are arguably the weakest anyway. That yellow sign and the yellow stuff (tape?) to the left of it completely spoil the images for me, and I'd have to either clone that out or bin them.

no.1 is good clone out the light trail as said above.

but the river/water shots, the tree trunks and random branches are very distracting. not sure landscape is the right format. although really nice and rich colours so ace on the post processing.

you shot these during the golden hours which is perfect. some of them are exceptionally difficult lighting condition as the sun is in the frame so need to watch thought areas with massive contrast such as No.3. maybe bracketed it then blend in the sky in post processing.

Thanks Richard,

It's been about a week since I took these photos.... I agree about the light trail being distracting, at the time when I was shooting it I saw the plane and thought it looked pretty cool but when you see it back it sometimes doesn't look the same as when you were there. I did wonder if I had gone a bit too OTT in lightroom with some of the post processing... I like the colours and richness but I'm not totally sure about it - it looks a bit HDR (but none of the images are mashed together), but then again I've got quite positive feedback on these photos (and the processing of them).

Last edited:
I saw those photos on my calibrated screens and they looked alright. In terms of HDR I think the fact you were shooting in during the hours of dusk and dawn meaning you want a massive dynamic range to be captured in your pictures. So it will effectively be HDR, but those are some of the best pictures as the camera catches such an array of colour and contrast and lighting effects through clouds, foliage, mist and reflections by water etc. The effects are stunning. So never ever shine away from HDR matter of fact if you want decent landscape photos you kind need to embrace the idea of capturing as much dynamic range in your photo as possible. Landscapers use grad ND filters is another way to capture greatly varying dynamic range scenes but with the limitation that you need a clear single line in your scene otherwise you gonna ruin your photos.

Using software blending will work really well in your scene with trees and brightly lit sky between them :)

Back