Brands Hatch odds and sodds

Gary

TPer Emeritus
Name
See above
Edit My Images
No
a few odd shots that i thought you might like to see, and a few that i'd like opinions on:

gp6933.jpg

1) Britcar Porsche (opinions on this one please)

gp6934.jpg

2) Fairly standard shot of RSS Porsche

gp6935.jpg

3) Lotus getting a nice slide (he didnt rescue it)

gp6936.jpg

4) Mustang powerslide

gp6937.jpg

5) Jonathan Summerton (like the blue eyes in this shot)

gp6938.jpg

6) Robbie Kerr celebrates 2nd place

gp6939.jpg

7) Must have been some cheap champagne, because it wouldnt spurt out.

gp6940.jpg

8) RSS Porsche (opinions on this one please.. I think it needs a lot more blur on the pit wall)

gp6941.jpg

9) RSS Porsche driver waits for his turn

gp6942.jpg

10) RSS Porsche (opinions on this one too please)

I always value the feedback on the forum, so would like to know what you think of 1, 8, 10 especially

Looks like you had a great day :D

i have to say that i think that 8 stands out above the rest. they are all great shots but that one really does it for me

1 - its nice, but i think the car is too blurry. Maybe some PS action to make it so the blur isn't as noticeable?

2 - pretty cool

3 - any more lotus pics? I like seeing them race. Did you capture any more of the slide and/or crash?

4 - nice powerslide. I find it difficult to show sideways action in a photo

5 - looks like he has fire in his eyes, or at least some kind of metallic object getting bigger and bigger before bursting out of his face in some gruesome scene like from a horror movie...

6 - nice shot

7 - oops, maybe it was lemonade or something ;)

8 - very nice shot, but i think i agree with you on the pitwall, needs more blur on it. make the porsche more of the focus.

9 - he looks bored..

10 - maybe if the car was more in the centre of the shot, rather than slightly higher and to the right. Where was the photo taken? i dont recognise that bit of the track, was it near the pitlane entrance?

hows that?

:)

the number 10 shot is the entrance to pit lane.. ive been trying for a while to do something like the shots you can do at paul ricard, and thats the closest i got

like this (not my shot btw)
Testing-001.jpg

1) Personally id like a more busy background for that kinda shot.

8) Yeah deffo more blurr would have helpped.

10) Again i think it needs a colourfully background/foreground, or a slightly sharper car.

#1 My eye keeps being drawn to the headlights and the front end being OOF. Have tried glancing at it a few times, keeps coming back to this.

#8 Not sure really... the detail on the foreground detracts, but much less and it would just be a blobby foreground object... dunno!

#10 the yellow and white on the car are a bit lost with the yellow/white dominant colours of the rest of the shot. So the car lacks punch - and sharpness. The offcentre focusing idea works just fine though, I like those sort of shots, but not this one.

Here's a few observations from me. As you most certainly know what you're doing I've been as harsh as I can ;)

1. The front third of the car is OOF and distracts from the shot. The overall composition is quite nice though. ie. Worth another go next time.

2. Not much wrong with that - would be my pick of these.

3. These shots are great to watch happen but not so great in a static photo. There's some body roll in the black lotus, but apart from that it's very static. I'm not sure how much better you can get this.

4. Rear shots are tough to get much energy into I find. The blue car is definitely leaving some rubber down. Shame there's not more tyre smoke. I think a bit more of the track and using the black lines as lead in would help a bit more?

5. Nicely focussed on the eyes.

6. Composition's good on this one. Shame there wasn't more of a crowd to fill the top of the frame. Not a lot you could do about that!

7. Needs the explanation to go with it. ie It looks like they're just picking the bottles up.

8. Great idea and you've already worked out how to make it better.

9. Would probably be better without the mechanics in the way. It's a bit too busy as it stands.

10. Doesn't really work for me. The lines marking the pit lane lead you out of the left of the frame. I'm sure you could work out some other way to use them to your advantage.

Nice shots. Love the powersliding Mustang. #1 would have been better with less barrier and the car further back in the frame. #8 if you could some get the whole car in the frame that would be better as the barrier would frame it.

1. I think I'd have prefered the nose of the car to be in focus.

8. Yes, I think a bit more blur on the pit wall would be better. Try photoshop to see if the effect works

10. I think the car should be more towards the left. Needs a really bright and sunny day I think for it to work.

Deffo an improvement, if playing with it try upping the exposure settings a tad then give the contrast a boost, i still feel you maybe able to get more blurr though.

But it'l never be as good as getting the real blurr on the day.

I think that angle has a lot of potentail if done right on the day, wont be an easy shot though.

1. I think I'd have prefered the nose of the car to be in focus.

8. Yes, I think a bit more blur on the pit wall would be better. Try photoshop to see if the effect works

10. I think the car should be more towards the left. Needs a really bright and sunny day I think for it to work.

Just what i was going to say :thinking:

no 8 stood out for me straight away, nice idea and definitely not a typical shot, I think adding the blur as you have done later one definitely helps things along.

I've got a few with lots of crash barriers in (mainly because of the side t=of the fence I'm on ;) ) and I'm never to sure, and always end up cropping some or all of it out. But I think in this case the high angle, plus getting both sides in does work

I'd be pretty happy with eoither of those (and the others of course)

Back