Brass band concert

Edit My Images
Yes
As many of you already know, I'm no big deal at photography but would like to learn. Each year, I am asked to take photos for a local Brass band. These shots are pretty much out of camera (except if they're B&W) as I haven't a clue where to start in processing. CC welcome and also any tips for low (and weird) light shooting.

532853634_hhnqM-L.jpg

532853338_aoCsi-L.jpg

532856202_Q29us-L.jpg

532857087_dvBf3-XL.jpg

532855400_PChfy-L.jpg

532856636_dZttL-L.jpg

Thanks both, comments much appreciated. Now all I need to do is learn how to reduce noise and clone things out :thinking:

I'll get there though don't hold your breath :D

You seem to think there is something wrong with the last three? I think they are excellent. Great colour and mood.

Number 7's a cracker, a great shot...and no sign of the old 'reflection in the bell' shot...(y) Great set on the whole :)

no.s 5 & 7 are corkers!
5. great composition, works very well.
7, lose the noise in teh shirt and its a winner.

:agree:

Was going to write the same thing, but decided to use "quote" to save me some time :D

You seem to think there is something wrong with the last three? I think they are excellent. Great colour and mood.

Er nope, it's more that I got an awful lot of noise on some and of course shooting with no tripod it was hard to keep things in focus. I'm actually quite happy that so many did stay in focus :D

Thanks all for the comments. They are encouraging and constructive and this means a lot to me.

I'm now happily trying to learn how to clone things out - doing pretty good even if I do say so myself :LOL: for a first attempt anyway. The noise reduction is harder but your comments give me some goals to achieve!!

Last edited:
Back