Breakwater Sunset

Nicely composed, I like the negative space on the right. You certainly struck lucky with the clouds and light.
Cant believe there was nobody fishing out at the end, thought they were a permanent fixture;)

Nicely composed, I like the negative space on the right. You certainly struck lucky with the clouds and light.
Cant believe there was nobody fishing out at the end, thought they were a permanent fixture;)
Thanks Steve, there were several people fishing but they packed up and left by 9.30.

Loving that light Neil(y) I have had no bloody luck with sunsets lately, been out every night this week so far with BA luck!
Anyhow cameras nice and snug in its bag:rolleyes:.

Like the composition here, nice lead to the Port side breakwater and I like that light just running down the handrail. Its a very nicely controlled exposure(y) Great cloud and lovely colour and contrast mate.
Think you need to get a 70-200 to catch those big goffers when the storms hit, then you'll be safe and not get wet;)

Loving that light Neil(y) I have had no bloody luck with sunsets lately, been out every night this week so far with BA luck!
Anyhow cameras nice and snug in its bag:rolleyes:.

Like the composition here, nice lead to the Port side breakwater and I like that light just running down the handrail. Its a very nicely controlled exposure(y) Great cloud and lovely colour and contrast mate.
Think you need to get a 70-200 to catch those big goffers when the storms hit, then you'll be safe and not get wet;)
Thanks Steve! I have an old manual 70-210 Tamron which @G.K.Jnr. has kindly sent me to try, I've just been waiting for the right time to give it a go!

Very pretty image.
I really like the simple composition.

I like the composition. Wondering if an LE to impart more drama and a smooth water texture might have improved it,.
I agree Steve I think it would of done! I did try an LE from a slightly different angle, but I didn't like the cloud movement. I will have plenty of opportunity to get down there again when the sky looks good, it's just picking a day when there aren't so many people around!!!

Thinking about what you and@ST4 said and just mulling it over in my mind. I to have taken LE shots and sometimes the sky looks fine sometimes horrible, I guess it depends on the direction of travel of the cloud and the length of exposure. So taking your shot for example I wondered if blending 2 shots, one for the sky and one LE for the sea and blending them would work? Or would it just look garishly unnatural? I think you'd have to do it sympathetically.
Just my mind rambling.....
Like to know your thoughts...

Back