Brightling International Horse Trials - Saturday

Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
As promised/threatened, here's a selection from Saturday at the Brightling International. C&C welcomed as ever.

RT5B0008.jpg

RT5B0148.jpg

RT5B0170-1.jpg

RT5B0223.jpg

RT5B0386.jpg

RT5B0481.jpg

Nice set although I prefer a landscape format showing the whole fence.

Thanks Trev. Interesting point of view (most of these are crops from the landscape version!). I prefer to focus more closely on the rider/horse. It would be interesting to hear other views.

On another topic, how do you quote two posts in the same reply?? I'm obviously missing something.

Thanks Trev. Interesting point of view (most of these are crops from the landscape version!). I prefer to focus more closely on the rider/horse. It would be interesting to hear other views.

The whole fence shots sell better. Comes back to the difference between what we like as a photographer and what the rider as a customer likes.

I don't know an awful lot about horsey shots :)lol:) but I like the landscape shots better personally.

Also, it may just be my tired eyes but in all of these the riders look OOF :shrug: Or maybe they just need a little bit more of a sharpen?

Landscape showing the whole fence is better!

I don't know an awful lot about horsey shots :)lol:) but I like the landscape shots better personally.

Hm, it seems landscape/whole fence has the vote.

Also, it may just be my tired eyes but in all of these the riders look OOF :shrug: Or maybe they just need a little bit more of a sharpen?

Yes, I think I definitely have a sharpness issue which I'm trying to address...I don't think it's a PP thing. I may have had 1-shot AF instead of servo for these...hopefully that's it.

Thanks everyone for commenting.

Hm, it seems landscape/whole fence has the vote.

Hi Colin, as mentioned, landscape sells better to the rider, horse folk but your style here make better editorial sales because the format suits a magazine better so if these are crops from landscape shots and your files are big enough you have the option for both, win win situation. Nice shots mate.

Back