Brighton Palace Pier

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
3 versions of the same image here.

The original was taken with a 10-stop from SRB which gave a magenta cast to the image. I've attempted to correct that in the other two versions. All 3 have had some PP. The original was way under exposed owing to a poor calculation of time by me and I ended up with a lot of noise following the tweaks in PP to salvage something. I've used Nik Define to try and reduce the noise. The 2nd and 3rd images are after different processing to remove the magenta cast with Nik Colour Efex.

Thoughts and feedback appreciated.

1: Original

Brighton Pier 3 by BrianWoolley, on Flickr

2:

Brighton Pier 5 by BrianWoolley, on Flickr

3:

Brighton Pier 4 by BrianWoolley, on Flickr

for
m3

ch33rs
g3off

mmmmm My favorite place.. Studied in Brighton ... In the stone age years. Nice shots. I like no.2 . Colors of Sky look much more natural in that one.

When did they put the Wheel over there ? 20 years ago it was not there:LOL::LOL::LOL:

mmmmm My favorite place.. Studied in Brighton ... In the stone age years. Nice shots. I like no.2 . Colors of Sky look much more natural in that one.

When did they put the Wheel over there ? 20 years ago it was not there:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Thanks, no 2 has had very little PP other than the colour correction.

I'm from Brighton (live just along the coast now) but have almost no Brighton photos! The wheel arrived a couple of years ago. It was originally in Cape Town.

Thanks, no 2 has had very little PP other than the colour correction.

I'm from Brighton (live just along the coast now) but have almost no Brighton photos! The wheel arrived a couple of years ago. It was originally in Cape Town.

I have studied in Brighton so I guess I would never forget the place. I went back there a couple of times . It always brings great memories. I will never forget the "lanes". Was my favorite place to hung around a listen to street musicians at that time.

Please do shoot more of Brighton. I would love to see it. The lanes would make a good subject and also the sea front.

I have studied in Brighton so I guess I would never forget the place. I went back there a couple of times . It always brings great memories. I will never forget the "lanes". Was my favorite place to hung around a listen to street musicians at that time.

Please do shoot more of Brighton. I would love to see it. The lanes would make a good subject and also the sea front.

Cheers. I do have some beach hut shots somewhere which I will try and dig out.

I prefer 3..I went down there on Sunday, forgetting the labour conference was on. Damned if I was paying a fiver to par for 2 hours..I guess the council saw £notes and put the charges up..

No. 1 for me, I love the richness of the colours (y)

Haven't been to Brighton for at least 20 years, used to spend a lot of time down there when I lived/existed in Croydon :LOL:

A great place, I keep telling the Missus I'll take her there for a weekend, but we never seem to manage it!

Back