Brighton West Pier

Name
Stu
Edit My Images
No
Or what's left of it anyway!

Taken this week as I was working in Brighton for a couple of days, forced myself to get out of bed even though the weather didn't look promising at 6am but it did clear up nicely for sunrise at 7am-ish.

I do like that. Well worth the effort getting up for.

Very interesting shot! As above love the way the strong diagonals suck you into the frame. Nice clear pebbles give another element of colour and interest with a great focal point of the remains on the horizon.... Sad really guess it will just decay into the sea now. Lovely colours in the sky.
Very nice photograph!

Nice enough but I don't like the concrete block, I think it would be stronger without. I think the pier is too soft also.

Nice enough but I don't like the concrete block, I think it would be stronger without. I think the pier is too soft also.
Must be something to do with the upload as it's razor sharp on the JPEG on my computer.

I ummed and ah'ed about the concrete block but decided it was a stonger lead than just the pebbles and water.

Cheers for the comment.

Or what's left of it anyway!

Taken this week as I was working in Brighton for a couple of days, forced myself to get out of bed even though the weather didn't look promising at 6am but it did clear up nicely for sunrise at 7am-ish.

you have put a lot of thought into this and i think it is a magnificent piece of actual photography
i have an issue with the composition though...the balance doesnt seem to hang well with a rhs slightly empty
you may want to try a crop from the right...slowly till it hangs a bit better
i only say that because i think this is really worth it
cheers
geof

Well done for finding a different angle on a well photographed landmark

Hi Stu, well worth getting up for indeed lovey choice of shutter speed too, thank you for sharing:)
Kevin

I agree with this.
I love the way the pebbles show through.

Back