Bristol Balloon Fiesta 2010

Edit My Images
No
A few shots from my Thursday visit for Special Shapes and Night Glow and then an early morning Flight on the Friday.

Lots more on my Blog and Flickr

Friday flight
4888552975_3846d0aca8_z.jpg

Night Glow
4888435109_3196a55845.jpg

Inside a Balloon - When they said get in I thought it was for a quick look around, then this...

4888308302_21312474b2_o.jpg

Hi. Love #1. Not a view you see very often. I'd have been worried about my camera getting damaged on landing. How was it?

Really like No 1 looking down onto the other ballon, No3 is superb aswell. Some more good shots on your flickr aswell (y)

The landing was a bit bumpy, nice long drag along the floor then whack over when the basket. I had my 1D/70-200 wedged under the canisters and the 1D/16-35 under my coat holding it. When we landed we were told to face behind us so didn't really see what was going on. I know there was a photographer in Hengrove Park where we landed who snapped us landing then ran over to snap us lying there in the basket. Would be great to see them shots if the person is a TP'er!

Cracking shots here, I'll peek your flickr in a few mins. First one especially is a great view, have you tried it mono - can't work out if it'll hide or emphasise the contrasting geometry.

I made a significant journey on Sat to visit the balloon fiesta for the first time. Found the place completely lacking in organisation and information and ended up leaving without even seeing a balloon.

Back