British American Football - Uni Finals

Name
Garry
Edit My Images
Yes
Yesterday saw the culmination of the British University American Football league Championship with two finals played in Leeds.

The first, for the Challenge Trophy was between Cardiff University Cobras & Hull University Sharks. The Cobras won...

A selection of shots from yesterday's final...

Good set, i especially like the lad trying to jump over the defense. Its a bit of a difference in atmosphere from the american version i'd wager.

Good set, i especially like the lad trying to jump over the defense. Its a bit of a difference in atmosphere from the american version i'd wager.

I think he is the defence (trying to block a field goal attempt) nand I like that one too.

#4 is a good capture too. It looks like it's all about to end in tears (did it?:shrug:) and it's not often you see a cheerleader with a double chin....good on her...:)

Hi Garry,

wasn't aware you were on here.

It was 2 very good games, and photos look brilliant.

I'll put some of mine up soon but i'm pretty sure i won't be upstaging you.

Adam

wookee, no, perfect catch by the cheeries

Adam,
don't forget to send a few across for the magazine! Look forward to seeing yours

James,
they're not cropped, I shoot with a 600mm to get deliberately close in on the action, but I take your point. Though it's not difficult to get a full portrait shot if you move with the action. I sometimes use a 300 f2.8 but prefer the close-in action of the 600.

The borders are like Marmite, I'm glad some people are able to see beyond the borders to the photo themselves.

(the border & watermark help to identify the shots as immediately mine since they are mercilessly ripped off by the players & posted all over Facebook, they are deliberately intrusive for this reason since most players can't be a***ed to either post an acknowledgement or crop the border off)

I like marmite
the cheerleaders is beautifully composed.:clap:
the first one cropped off the bottom 1/3.
would be nice to see a few more faces, but always tricky with helmets and hats.

Back