British GT donington #2

A_S

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
Seems Fireproof creative got there before me!

All mine shot from behind the fences. You can tell that in a few where the contrast and sharpness are just not quite perfect, especially at foggies, Coppice, Mcleans and the exit of melbourne, the ones where there were no fences really pop though. Let me know what you think

One thing i'm finding since going FF, I feel i need more than 420mm with my 300 F4 and 1.4x extender, the 1.4x struggles compared to using the 300mm without it.

5G4A3949.jpg5G4A4718.jpg5G4A5260.jpg5G4A5414.jpg5G4A5980.jpg5G4A6215.jpg5G4A6289.jpg5G4A6379.jpg5G4A6448.jpg5G4A6511.jpg5G4A7106.jpg

Last edited:
Last one is the best for me!

Do you think? I only included it because of the air. Other than that, too busy background as I couldn't crop close enough to cut it out, too many fence reflections and not quick enough shutter speed to freeze the vertical change of direction (as i wasn't expecting it!).

Do you think? I only included it because of the air. Other than that, too busy background as I couldn't crop close enough to cut it out, too many fence reflections and not quick enough shutter speed to freeze the vertical change of direction (as i wasn't expecting it!).
The following cars are all out of focus in a few of them too.

The following cars are all out of focus in a few of them too.

You mean the cars behind the subject car? e.g the merc in shot 1?

That was part of the aim with the low shutter speeds, to capture the movement.

Fencing? yes there does seem to be more and more plus Oulton now has some cover round Old Hall corner so you can't shoot back up to the start line :( . I can just about get past the fencing using a 400mm @ f5.6 but have to make sure my angles are right or like you, have to fiddle in post to remove them.

I think many could do with a tighter crop, the background on many is messy and distracting, like #4, someone once said that something white in the back ground grabs the eye first which in this case it does.

I like alot of them 5,6,7,9,10 I think are the best.

Think you've done well.

Back