British Super bikes at Brands Hatch

Name
Dex
Edit My Images
Yes
Evening all

After shooting Cars pretty much all year I decided to venture over to Brands Hatch for the British Superbikes. I completely forgot how fast these guys are so it sure gave my hips a good work out having to pan so quickly, my lenses also seem to have got heavier :confused: as after using my 70-200 my arms felt like they just wanted to drop off :D.
Anyway enough excuses, have tried to think more about composition then I did last November so comments and critique more than welcome as it gives me something to work on in November.

9S1F2478 by Maximum Revs Photography, on Flickr

9S1F0455 by Maximum Revs Photography, on Flickr

9S1F1173 by Maximum Revs Photography, on Flickr

9S1F2642 by Maximum Revs Photography, on Flickr

9S1F2107 by Maximum Revs Photography, on Flickr

9S1F2582 by Maximum Revs Photography, on Flickr

Many thanks

Dex

I like them all but 2 and 3 are my favs.

Just watched the race, nice to see all the big names getting totally caught out in the wet!

Last edited:
2, 4 & 6 for me.

In no.2, the spray coming up against the colour of the background is really nice, and the little bit of heat haze from the engine in front of the bike coming down Paddock Hill in the background - to me these all make it a lovely shot. Maybe one small thing is the colour of the track surface in front of the bike - not sure why or what can be done, but it just seems a bit bland.

4 & 6 look great to me, the guard rail gives good context to the speeding bikes.

If I had to pick one.....I'd go for 6.

As Gary says there is a nice variation in your set with some good compostion that you was looking for. I caught a couple of offs on Friday but they wasn't as dramatic as your J Brookes one, just a shame we can't quite see him.
I'll try and put a set up soon from Friday in the baking sun.

Last edited:
I like #3 and #6 Dex!

Its worth pointing out to everyone else that Flickr has rendered the images embedded in this page really badly - if you want to see these images, which are really nice and shiny and crisp. you need to click through to flickr.

I never understand how/why it does that, but it does.

I like them all but 2 and 3 are my favs.

Just watched the race, nice to see all the big names getting totally caught out in the wet!

Thanks very much Mike

2, 4 & 6 for me.

In no.2, the spray coming up against the colour of the background is really nice, and the little bit of heat haze from the engine in front of the bike coming down Paddock Hill in the background - to me these all make it a lovely shot. Maybe one small thing is the colour of the track surface in front of the bike - not sure why or what can be done, but it just seems a bit bland.

4 & 6 look great to me, the guard rail gives good context to the speeding bikes.

If I had to pick one.....I'd go for 6.

Thanks you very much, I will have a play in photoshop to see what I can do, Its nice to have people notice something that you havent as i'll be completely honest I didnt see the heat haze.

All good shots there Dex, where were you for #4?

Thanks Russ, number four was taken at Westfield.

Good to see you Saturday Dex a nice varied set great shot of Brookes in 3 and liking the wide shot at Westfield

Cheers Gary, As I said in your thread was good to see you again.

As Gary says there is a nice variation in your set with some good compostion that you was looking for. I caught a couple of offs on Friday but they wasn't as dramatic as your J Brookes one, just a shame we can't quite see him.
I'll try and put a set up soon from Friday in the baking sun.

Cheers Paul, I did hear from Garry it was a rather hot hot day on the Friday and heard the commentator mention a 47 degree track temperture I think I remember.

I did catch a later one but don't know for some reason I really dont like it, do see what you mean though.

Very nice Dex, I do like 4 & 6. I must have been stood next to you when you took #2

Cheers Graham, I did wonder at some points whether I was stood next to any talkphotography members. Think I remember you so if I do see you I will try and say hello, if it is the wrong person I will :exit: :D

I like #3 and #6 Dex!

Its worth pointing out to everyone else that Flickr has rendered the images embedded in this page really badly - if you want to see these images, which are really nice and shiny and crisp. you need to click through to flickr.

I never understand how/why it does that, but it does.

Thanks Andy, I thought it was just my screen that was making them look bad, didn't relise it was Flickr rendering them badly :(.

Back