Brooklands motorcycle centenary

Edit My Images
Yes
What a fantastic day. The weather started out dodgy but came good at lunch. It was great to see the NLG back on its home turf. This bike won the first Brooklands motorcycle race 100 years ago (Yes 100 years ago!!!). All credit goes to the organizers to bring such a huge collection of racing machines back to Brooklands. My photos cannot recreate the smell and sound of yesterday. The commentator got it right by saying todays bikes all sound the same. Theses machines have their own indidvidual engine notes....

First mc winner at Brooklands, The NLG 1000cc v twin circa 1908
brooklandscenenary-299.jpg

Butler and Jordan 1000cc circa 1914
brooklandscenenary-050.jpg

Morgan super Aero 1100cc circa 1922
brooklandscenenary-068.jpg

Douglas SW5 500cc circa 1928
brooklandscenenary-157.jpg

Singer Track racer 499cc circa 1910
brooklandscenenary-361.jpg

Unknown Norton
brooklandscenenary-378.jpg

Norton front wheel
brooklandscenenary-025.jpg

Regards Neil

excellent set of shots. The subjects are nice and sharp with good movement blur in the back ground.

Number 1 is my fav reminds me of of parents pushing there kids of when their learning to ride their bikes.

In number 3 its a shame the other wheel is missing, it would have made a nice diagonal across the shoot.

Great set of shots, motion not totally frozen so you do get a feeling of speed, and they look well exposed and sharp. Like toothie I would have prefered to see all the Morgan wheels but otherwise, very nice. (y)

However, isnt the Butler and Jordan actually a Hudson? Just going off the name on the tank anyway :shrug:

Edit: A friedn says the Norton is possibly a Model 18 though as they were chopped around a lot, its hard to be specific

Back