BSB from the Amateur

Name
Jonny
Edit My Images
No
Ok so maybe amateur is pushing it, now 4th time at a bike event... A great event apart from the ropey weather

I struggled a bit with fences for the first time in a while, glare wasn't on my side when the sun finally came out. Don't think I've done as well as on previous visits, lagging behind the community, Paul especially, who nailed it :D

I'd welcome your feedback folks, I appreciate there's not very much 'racing' in these but I was chasing detail and didn't have the reach to get right into the corners.

Still know nothing about bikes....

1. The weather was consistently awesome...
Filip BACKLUND by Fireproof Creative, on Flickr

2. Some guy in red...
Ryuichi KIYONARI by Fireproof Creative, on Flickr

3. A green man back from a holiday...before becoming a Ninja Turtle
James ELLISON by Fireproof Creative, on Flickr

4. Some other guy
Shane BYRNE by Fireproof Creative, on Flickr

5. The guy in red again
Ryuichi KIYONARI by Fireproof Creative, on Flickr

6. Another guy in red

Josh BROOKES by Fireproof Creative, on Flickr

7. The other guy again
Shane BYRNE by Fireproof Creative, on Flickr

8. A completely different guy in red... and um white
Christophe PONSSON by Fireproof Creative, on Flickr

Thanks for looking
:D

Last edited:
I think you've got a really nice set. You got the 'eyes' shot with Ellison and I think the one of brooks is a cracker. Good stuff!!

Haha great labelling!!!

I think there great shots, great detail in them! Favourite no6 I think! Just stands out for me

I think you've got a really nice set. You got the 'eyes' shot with Ellison and I think the one of brooks is a cracker. Good stuff!!
Thanks very much

Haha great labelling!!!

I think there great shots, great detail in them! Favourite no6 I think! Just stands out for me

I appreciate it :) glad you like my attempt at humour :D

really good set

Thanks a lot

Really cracking eye catching images.

Thanks, I was worried about the amount of contrast, the fence caused some quite funky metering issues

Just one more while I'm going through them...

9. The red guy shot in white
Josh WATERS by Fireproof Creative, on Flickr

Along with Paul you do manage to find that detail, I'm well jel, as my kids say . A fine set of motorcycle racing photos ;)

Agree with what others have said, the detail in these is top notch, nice and sharp too. Wish I could get the same quality, nice work Jonathan.

Fence - what fence? terrific set young man, and the weather just adds to the movement, bravo!!

.DAVID.

Another Suprb set, fence issues or not, always the benchmark as far as I'm concerned.

Paul.

Another Suprb set, fence issues or not, always the benchmark as far as I'm concerned.

Paul.

Thanks very much Paul, always means a lot coming from other photographers who get the shots I aspire to achieve. I don't think I've ever been a benchmark before :D to be honest I still feel like a newbie in here with so many great images from the rest of the community, I guess it shows if you hang around in here long enough you forget to appreciate your own development when you're constantly focusing on everyone else.

I think the BSB is rapidly becoming one of my favourite series to shoot, I might be turning into a bike fan
:p

Thanks very much Paul, always means a lot coming from other photographers who get the shots I aspire to achieve. I don't think I've ever been a benchmark before :D to be honest I still feel like a newbie in here with so many great images from the rest of the community, I guess it shows if you hang around in here long enough you forget to appreciate your own development when you're constantly focusing on everyone else.

I think the BSB is rapidly becoming one of my favourite series to shoot, I might be turning into a bike fan
:p

LOl welcome to the dark side, like it has been said a cracking set. Mind you that applies to all your stuff these days :clap:

Got to be honest Jonathan, they are superb and if i'm being flat out honest, better than many of the professional images that various circuits use for their pages, especially Toyota, 7 out of 10 of their images are boring and dire.

2 , 4 and 9 are fantastic, crisp, clear and bright.

Superb work and far far far better than a amateur :)

Very nice. It's been too long since I had a go... Must make an effort next season and will do well to get anywhere near your standard. Well done..:)

Back