BSB-Monday

Matt Sayle

2017MSA Young Photographer of the Year(Motorsport)
Name
Matt Sayle
Edit My Images
Yes
Here are my shots from today! Sorry there all samey and some of the backgrounds are crap but there were that many people there you didnt have much choice :( Saying that the racing was brilliant!! Those bikers are nutters! The speeds they go round the track :eek:!
Enough chit chat more piccies
1. Leon Haslams HM Plant Honda.
100_4641.jpg

2. James Buckingham
100_4673.jpg

3. Guy Martins Hydrex Honda
100_4687.jpg

4. Tom Grant popping the front up
100_4751.jpg

5. Sykes and Crutchlow going hell for leather
100_4759.jpg

6. Tom Sykes on the very photogenic Rizla Suzuki
100_4770.jpg

7. Atsushi Watanbe on the other Rizla Suzuki
100_4783.jpg

8. Shakey on his way to win the second race of the day
100_4809.jpg

Pictures from the support races tomorrow
Thanks for looking
Matt

hope you dont mind me saying matt but . i think a faster shutter speed or a smoother pann would have helped these shots..

md(y)

Well, a little tighter/closer and a bit sharper would be good but did any of you see what camera he was using... I think given that, its not bad :D

Yeah the light wasnt overly good today, so considering not a bad bunch, but they will improve with practice.

As for the background thing, with enough practice and slow enough shutter then that cluttler can be taken advantage off used to make a great back ground.

Yeah the light wasnt overly good today, so considering not a bad bunch, but they will improve with practice.

As for the background thing, with enough practice and slow enough shutter then that cluttler can be taken advantage off used to make a great back ground.

Cheers, like a i said to md when i slowed the shutter speed i missed them lol

Cool Matt just love them Superbikes some good action there real shame the weather didn't play ball nice to see though thanks for sharing.

Bill

Cool Matt just love them Superbikes some good action there real shame the weather didn't play ball nice to see though thanks for sharing.

Bill

Cheers. I have huge respect for these guys. The speed they are travelling at and the way they battle each other. Another thing you see at a BSB meet is the amount of respect each rider has for each other.

Just sharper is my only real criticism...but this will only come with practice :)

not a bad effort at all (y)

I can get sharp cars i just aint figured out bikes yet!

Bikes are a tad harder as there small, so you really need longer focal lengths, which mean you have to more accurate with your panning.

Well, a little tighter/closer and a bit sharper would be good but did any of you see what camera he was using... I think given that, its not bad :D

Exactly what I was going to say :)

Aye you've done a good job here Matt. Crutchlow chasing down Sykes with a bit of a power wheelie is the pick for me.

:agree:
Thats a very nice shot and though the lead bike is not in quite as good focus as the trailing Honda, the picture has a good 'feel' about it and conveys the action well.

Also like #3 (Guy Martin shot) - looks like he's got a bit out of shape with the rear wheel spinning up. Nice :D

Bikes are a tad harder as there small, so you really need longer focal lengths, which mean you have to more accurate with your panning.

Yeah and there bloody fast! Hopefully i will get a DSLR soon and i can use burst mode which should up the keepers rate!

:agree:
Thats a very nice shot and though the lead bike is not in quite as good focus as the trailing Honda, the picture has a good 'feel' about it and conveys the action well.

Also like #3 (Guy Martin shot) - looks like he's got a bit out of shape with the rear wheel spinning up. Nice :D

Cheers. (y)

Back