BSB @ Oulton Park. Friday Practice. 9/10/09

Matt Sayle

2017MSA Young Photographer of the Year(Motorsport)
Name
Matt Sayle
Edit My Images
Yes
Right I had a media pass for today (and all of the weekend) but I am feeling disappoineted with todays pictures. I dunno if it becuase I am so tired or what. But hey ho.

Anyway it is late so just pictures, not titles:

3996853444_c2393ca68d_o.jpg

3996853770_4f8d331b04_o.jpg

3996093001_d23e8d0d1e_o.jpg

3996854430_e5559a12e4_o.jpg

3996854736_6018946bcd_o.jpg

3996094087_2c570c8ef6_o.jpg

Nice set Matt :clap:

really like the paddock shots especially 9 (Steve Plater)

like the comp in 1 (y) and also 2, but a fraction later with the knee on the hill crest would have been a WOW.

i'm not so keen on 4 (a little soft?) & 6 (as I prefer the motion blur in the bike and the helmet sharp) but what do I know!!

Nice set Matt :clap:

really like the paddock shots especially 9 (Steve Plater)

like the comp in 1 (y) and also 2, but a fraction later with the knee on the hill crest would have been a WOW.

i'm not so keen on 4 (a little soft?) & 6 (as I prefer the motion blur in the bike and the helmet sharp) but what do I know!!

Thank you very much mate.

I will bear in mind what you said about 2 and try again later!

You know a lot more than me, that is for sure! thank you very much for the comment.

The pictures are en route to the site, I got to go to bed, 4:30 hours sleep :puke:

Another top set, the wheelie on the kerbstones is the one for me, it shows just how close to the edge they get

all those media togs that won't speak to you, this is why, you put them to shame taking pictures as good as theirs with consumer equipment.

They're probably getting their equipment budgets cut as we speak.

400mm f/2.8L and a 1D Mk III forget it, you're getting a 350D and a tamron 70-300mm this year :D

well done mate,you deserve it, I bet none of them are out waving cars in and painting kerb stones :clap:

look pretty damn good to me Matt (y)

I really like 1,2 & 6

:clap:

Andy

Yaaaaawwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnn

Thank you very much indeed!

Yaaaaaaawwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnn

Another top set, the wheelie on the kerbstones is the one for me, it shows just how close to the edge they get

all those media togs that won't speak to you, this is why, you put them to shame taking pictures as good as theirs with consumer equipment.

They're probably getting their equipment budgets cut as we speak.

400mm f/2.8L and a 1D Mk III forget it, you're getting a 350D and a tamron 70-300mm this year :D

well done mate,you deserve it, I bet none of them are out waving cars in and painting kerb stones :clap:

Yaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnn

Thank you very much indeed Darren :) :D Thank you very much.

Yaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnn

(yes I am tired :LOL:)

Full Gallery here

Get a big cup of strong black coffie Matt. I have been banned for the rest of the weekend :crying:. Lovely set, like 1 4 and 7. Can see what is meant about pic 2. Get me some good paddock shots if you know what i mean :naughty: and if you can not get Marko to get them for me. You know you should have loaned the 40D :)

:sulk: I need a :hug:

dont beat yourself up Matt love number 3. Your one of "us" who got the fortune to get a media pass. OK you have to do some of the more mundane stuff. Put it this way if you want to drop the sights on your ambitions you could become a media tog taking mundane shots and have an easy life, I think you can get better than this. It will be a busy weekend for you but you have a lot of friends on both sides of the fence. However if you keep taking pics this good with average equipment it gives hope to lots more amateurs on the other side

Nice set matt,

I dont think ive ever heard of 1 person so eagerly anticipating getting trackside.

Enjoy the weekend, im going to watch it on TV, didnt fancy the drive/sleeping in car.

#2 &#4 for me Matt #2 a split second later like Rab 34 says would be a belter.

IS THAT A CARBON HELMET HE IS WEARING IN PICTURE 1,NICE CAPTURE TO GET THAT

Anticipation can get the better of you Matt... these are fine! More than fine actually.

If you want a tip, try not looking at them the day you take them, but leave them a couple of days... then they will grow on you. Thats my experience!

Don't forget tommorow its all about "race action" shots, not single bikes and now you have your pass, get the head ons and not panning shots.... you should be aiming for glossy mag stuff, not anything else!

4 and 5 were taken from the inside of cascades :)

Thank you very much indeed for all your comments :)

Still not that happy with them. Although I do love the last one, I must admit.

Anyway, processing todays now :)

There was nowt wrong with these Matt. Probably feeling the pressure to produce something fantastic with a media pass, but you probably found yourself learning a lot of it all over again. Looking forward to seeing stuff from the rest of the weekend. The race shots are where it's at.

Back