Bt Broadband Cancelling then go Where ?

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone i wonder if some on here can offer some advise regarding broadband suppliers and flickr .

The situation is that i haver a pro flickr account with 13000 views and stuff that i want to keep on there.
The bt broadband lowest option that i am on is approx £30 per month with weekend calls that i never use and bt fon options that i have never used.
Its approx 8meg at best.

I would like to cancel the package and move it to my girlfriends house. She has talk talk and its pants, i can not even do a speed test to see how slow it is.

We dont want a sky package as we like the outdoors , and not bothered about keeping either of our landline numbers.

Does anyone have any knowledge of getting out of either plans or know of a mac compatible package that offers better value for money v speed etc.

Finally i have searched the flickr threads on here and i understand it may be possible to keep my picture account if i change it to a different yahoo id and pay for the pro account. Will i lose all my pictures though ?

Phew :shrug:

pace

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pacef8

if the line is that slow then if there isnt a fault on the line any other provider may also be that slow. best bet is to query the speed with talk talk (also check their cancellation policy as to early get out and fees) first off and request a fault check. but any other provider should be able to offer you an idea of what your line is roughly capable. usually this is available on their website.

as for ISP, ive not had any bother from Sky (you dont need to take their TV packages to get their internet and phone). truely unlimited if you pay the little extra. that said, like anything you'll get horror stories about any ISP. no doubt someone will come along and say they've had loads of issues with Sky.. lol

I use Be Un Limited. Very happy.

I'm not sure why your BT broadband is £30 (unless you're including line rental) as it should only be about £17.

Anyway if you've been with them over a year and your contract is up then go online and find the cheapest other ISP broadband you can find. Then phone BT and say that you're thinking of leaving to go to provider X as it only costs X per month, they'll nearly always match or better it. We got a year of Broadband Option 1 for less that £5/month after a 10minute phone call - well worth trying.

As for your flickr question, My pro has expired (december) when I log in it says all pictures are safe, just resubscribe to pro to view them all. Not used it much the past year so not really in a rush to pay again. So i'm sure you'll be fine - can always pay for pro the day before leaving BT when you move?

ISP wise, we have Sky but no TV subscription and pay for the unlimited internet from them. Had a few suppliers before but very happy with Sky at the moment. (doubled the speed we got from BT)

Get the service at your girlfriends property investigated.

If it is slow because of distance from the exchange, poor connections, too many connections in the house, faulty filters, damp sparrows on the line.... then the problem isn't TalkTalk.

If you do change then consider The Utility Warehouse. You will probably get line rental and high speed broadband for £19.99 to include free standard calls evenings & weekends (and all week if you take another two services) - and the opportunity to reduce your bill even more with a cashback card. We're getting £30-£45 cashback every month :)

You keep your BT email addresses and login for flickr as they belong to you not BT. You will need to pay for an upgrade to pro if you want to show lots of pictures, but as far as I know, all your pictures stay there if you dont go to pro, just that nobody else can see them. I could be wrong on that but I'm sure I read that's what happens.

I mistakenly left BT last year and went to Talk Talk, my year with them is nearly over and I'm going back to BT for the stable service and the fact that we are getting BT infinity later in the year.

Back