BTCC at The Rock

nilagin

Daniel-san
Suspended / Banned
Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
A few from Sunday. Most from the pit lane garage roof.

BTCC_ROCK_M_130408_165.jpg

BTCC_ROCK_M_130408_226a.jpg

BTCC_ROCK_M_130408_229a_.jpg

BTCC_ROCK_M_130408_230a.jpg

BTCC_ROCK_M_130408_441.jpg

BTCC_ROCK_M_130408_168.jpg

BTCC_ROCK_M_130408_183a.jpg

BTCC_ROCK_M_130408_465.jpg

Cheers Gary, It's a shame The Rock doesn't have a few more areas to be able to get decent photos, especially the infield area.
It was nice to try variations of static shots from the pit lane roof though. Especially when we managed to get in an hour early.

given your shooting position restrictions these are really good shots I watched the final race on the box did it rain some or what

the last one really stands out for me, it's begging for a B&W conversion as well I think.

I hate that track, shall never return, unless some-one gives me media pass, as its soo poor from s[ec togs view, but great track to just view if you got a telescoop, which makes these even better.

Very harsh weather at times, and i see you stuck with it dispite the rain killing your other camera if the grey matter is still working ok.

I hate that track, shall never return, unless some-one gives me media pass, as its soo poor from s[ec togs view, but great track to just view if you got a telescoop, which makes these even better.

Very harsh weather at times, and i see you stuck with it dispite the rain killing your other camera if the grey matter is still working ok.

from a togs point of view, it is crap.. for watching the racing with people who arent motorsport fans its a fantastic place.
I used to drive the 200 miles every month to watch the ASCAR there. Its the only place i would bring mates, family, wife etc as its the only place you can watch the whole thing.

fate has meant missing my 5 opportunities to cover races at the rock with a media pass, so i'm hopeful i'll get to explore the photo opportunities at the GT race next month.

I made sure the camera was under cover this time, won't get caught out a second time (fingers crossed).:LOL:

the last one really stands out for me, it's begging for a B&W conversion as well I think.

I think you're right the B&W conversion seems to negate alot of the noise.

BTCC_ROCK_M_130408_465a.jpg

I've got a whole weekend at Rockingham coming up. Hope I get accreditation for it...

Double header weekend - my interests will be two quali and two race sessions per day.

Out of all the races last season, Rockingham was the one I had least inspiration for. I would expect that Indycars or whatever they're called this week would be awesome on the oval - shame the infield is a bit "micky-mouse"

Out of all the races last season, Rockingham was the one I had least inspiration for. I would expect that Indycars or whatever they're called this week would be awesome on the oval - shame the infield is a bit "micky-mouse"

yeah the champ cars were awesome.. went there both years. Kanaan did 215mph average in warmup if i remember correctly.

i think the infield track is very underrated. It might look a bit boring but it manages to work very well for racing.. Lots of passing and side by side stuff.
Shame they dont use the chicane anymore, though :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgx0PrnL34U

I was at Rockingham working and had my camera with me, i didn't even bother taking it out of my bag. I had forgotten how bad it actually is!

As for the infield racing, my mate loves it. It's one of his favourite circuits to drive! Highly underrated.

Badgerbaiter, do you cover many of the BTCC meetings?

I've got a whole weekend at Rockingham coming up. Hope I get accreditation for it...

Double header weekend - my interests will be two quali and two race sessions per day.

When are you going Andrew ?

When are you going Andrew ?

7th/8th June

The general concensus amongst our race series is that the facilities can't be faulted but the infield section lacks rythm and doesn't have a natural flow. I hear from more racers who dislike Rockingham than those that do.

7th/8th June

The general concensus amongst our race series is that the facilities can't be faulted but the infield section lacks rythm and doesn't have a natural flow. I hear from more racers who dislike Rockingham than those that do.

stick em all on the oval i say.. even if it does rain
saw the picks ups race on the oval in the heavy rain a few times, scary stuff!!

Back