BTCC @ Brands Hatch Indy

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
So unsurprisingly i was in attendance at Brands this weekend for the BTCC.
It was a great weekend, so good to see the cars out on track giving it some. However it was a bit of a poor weekend for me, having shot brands maybe 50 times it's hard to find anything interesting or different.

So perhaps a more 'standard' set than i usually produce. However as always i appreciate your thoughts, good or bad.

1. Fairly good crowds in attendance

1239890817_RbN4F-L-1.jpg

2. Jordan giving 110% through Surtees

1239888383_KDgSt-L-1.jpg

3. Shedden has a puncture on the approach to paddock in practice.

1239962953_TwRdv-L.jpg

4. The mess

1239963544_KmVXc-L.jpg

5. 24 hours later in his (mostly) straight car waiting to hit the track

1239891121_QVGzC-L-1.jpg

6. Not a particularly stunning image, but the content certainly makes up for that!

1239923580_fAVJa-L.jpg

7. BTCC New boy Griffin exits Surtees

1239888346_7R8yN-L-1.jpg

8. And again down the straight

1239892180_ZbM5h-L-1.jpg

9. His team mate on his way to a podium

1239893150_cVwJm-L-1.jpg

10. Owy on his way to a very much deserved podium

1239893580_RH5HS-L-1.jpg

11. And his typically understated celebration!

1239893988_JPvKH-L-1.jpg

12. Finally, Mr Onslow-cole who had a bitter sweet weekend. Showing some serious pace, but the car still suffering from a lack of straight line pace.

1239889199_j2E3f-L-1.jpg

Top quality!

How many shots do you take during a day?
What lens/es were you using?

Sorry for all the Q's.

Just finished going through mine. I was depressed enough, then I come on here and see shots of this quality :bat:

Stunning. Absolutely stunning!

:D

Very kind thankyou

Top quality!

How many shots do you take during a day?
What lens/es were you using?

Sorry for all the Q's.

During this weekend i took about 2500 shots, thats fairly typical. Although i was shooting lots of boring shots on Saturday. 1800 might be more normal for a 2 dayer.

The lens/es were a 70-200 2.8 non IS +/- 1.4tc and a 17-40mm for the shot of the grid girl.

Just finished going through mine. I was depressed enough, then I come on here and see shots of this quality :bat:

Post them up, im sure they are excellent!

Surperb stuff Nick. Pick for me is no 1:clap: followed closely by 8 & 9

Thanks, im a little surprised 1 is a pick. Its lacking anything that interesting in my opinion. I was desperately hoping to catch a flame, that would make the image.

All great pics, especially 6 !! (y)

Yes 6 is fine.... lol

Excellent :clap:

Cheers

Love the variety,Nick and imagination in the compositions.Top work.

Thanks, thats what i aim to do, although it was a serious struggle this weekend. Brands needs a remodel :LOL:

Great set of shots ! Colour and action !

Thankyou

Great stuff. Lots of variation.

As i said to Chris, thats what i aim to do. Taking the same old shots bores me haha.

Very nice set, colour look perfect! quiet like number 1, spots of colour in the crowd are good, nicely panned.

#6 content is perfect!!

Simon

Nice set, different angles from others and some from "inside the fence", lucky man, got any more.?

Quality stuff Nick!

Wish mine were as good, but I guess having more enthusiasm and interest in BTCC is the key - I know you love 'em :D

great shots you have there, especially like number 3. Out of interest did you have a media pass or where you just a normal spectator like myself

Cheers, I am fortunate enough to have a media pass for these events.

Very nice set, colour look perfect! quiet like number 1, spots of colour in the crowd are good, nicely panned.

#6 content is perfect!!

Simon

Cheers, Yes 6 is an example of a perk of the job.

Great set as usual :clap: shot 9 for me...(y)
Clive.

Cheers, 9 didnt work out quite as well as i had hoped, too dark in the background unfortunatley.

Great set of high quality photos. Good action and vivid colours.

Cheers, it helps having good action and vivid colours that you find with the BTCC

Nice set, different angles from others and some from "inside the fence", lucky man, got any more.?

Yup, there are about 250 more on the website, although many of those are very boring in comparison.

great set Nick
love the first 3
fantastic shots of Oneill

Cheers buddy.

Good stuff as always. Great variety and lovely motion in the shots.

Thanks Danny

Number 2 the rear wheels lifting is a nice shot

Thanks, this was a particually high lift. They usually dont get the front wheels off. Thankfully Mr Jordan is a bit of a nutter.

Quality stuff Nick!

Wish mine were as good, but I guess having more enthusiasm and interest in BTCC is the key - I know you love 'em :D

Cheers dude, i guess this is why my bsb stuff is hopeless lol

Still expect to see you post up some of yours!

Excellent stufff as usual Nick. Really capture the essence of BTCC.

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

Stunning as usual!!

2 stands out for me from another great set (y)

Good stuff sir. #1 is a good shot for getting the crowd in, I'm just not sure if the angle works for me. I've tried it before and found it quite an awkward shot to get, maybe it's just me lol!

My fave would be #3. I couldn't see what started it where I was, only saw the impact. You must've known straight away that it wasn't going to end nicely!! Great shot, glad Flash was ok and out racing (quickly) on Sunday (y)

Cheers Dave

Stunning as usual!!

2 stands out for me from another great set (y)

Thanks Rab, number 2 is a marmite shot i think, not very sharp, but lots of action.

Fantastic set!

Ta

Fantastic as always, love Number 9 :)

Your photographs always give a good account of the BTCC and I always watch out in anticipation. Added you on FlickR :)

Thats nice to hear. Always good that people enjoy looking at your shots.

Good stuff sir. #1 is a good shot for getting the crowd in, I'm just not sure if the angle works for me. I've tried it before and found it quite an awkward shot to get, maybe it's just me lol!

My fave would be #3. I couldn't see what started it where I was, only saw the impact. You must've known straight away that it wasn't going to end nicely!! Great shot, glad Flash was ok and out racing (quickly) on Sunday (y)

Cheers dude, Number 1 is a shot i've never botehred with before for exactly the reasons you say. Its not a flattering angle for a car. And thats why i wish there was a flame or lock up or something to make the shot!

Back