BTCC Snetterton

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
No
At last! Flickr have added BBCode which makes posting easy :D

Had an awesome weekend at Snetterton British Touring Cars :D I especially loved the way that the pits has really easy access so we got loads of autographs and my GF had her pics with loads of drivers including Plato, Chilton, Collard, Neal etc.

Tried a couple of different angles, but still need to find some more variation as a lot of my shots are the same. No panning shots this time, have never been to the circuit before and there aren't as many decent places to stand as somewhere like Brands. Also battled with bright sunlight so exposure on cars was hard, and lots of reflections :(

Had an awesome spot on the Chicane only to have media guys come and stand in front of me and marshalls decide to watch the race right in front which was really hard. Next time I go I'll change my seating position.

20100808-20100808-IMG_8564 by InkzZ, on Flickr

20100808-20100808-IMG_8492 by InkzZ, on Flickr

20100808-20100808-IMG_8478 by InkzZ, on Flickr

20100808-20100808-IMG_8463 by InkzZ, on Flickr

20100808-20100808-IMG_8479 by InkzZ, on Flickr

20100808-20100808-IMG_8469 by InkzZ, on Flickr

nice picture of the "snettertor" toilets in 1
watch whats in your background !
4 5 and 7 are good action shots but some different cropping might work better
However most of the problems here could be cured in PP, the basic shots are good and sharp.
Watch out for the high shutter speeds though like in 2 and 6 making things look a bit static. try and catch some wheel blur to get a sense of movement.
this is a good start though
Dont knock the media guys though, you are there to enjoy yourself, they need to earn.

Last edited:
nice picture of the "snettertor" toilets in 1
watch whats in your background !

Not a lot I can do about that one really. I wanted a pic with the Bridge cause it had the location written on it. Hadn't noticed till you said ha.

4 5 and 7 are good action shots but some different cropping might work better

Too centralised you reckon?

Watch out for the high shutter speeds though like in 2 and 6 making things look a bit static. try and catch some wheel blur to get a sense of movement.

Yeah, this was actually a mistake on my part. Looking at the cars head on I thought I would whack the shutter speed up to get sharp shots totally forgetting about the wheels. I'm usually really good for this. I corrected it after a while :(

Dont knock the media guys though, you are there to enjoy yourself, they need to earn.

The decent togs were right down on the barrier and weren't an issue, but there were guys there with crap kit just stood up getting high level shots, you could spot the pro's a mile off. A combination of that and marshalls just stood in front of everyone chatting were really annoying when they had a whole thing to stand in that noone sits behind.

great shots of our Golf! Shaun was complaining the Focus was too slow in the corners lol. But just left him on the straights.

I really hope you get the TOCA engine approved and it works well for you next year. I love the golf and you are my 2nd fave team and we always cheer you on. Owning a Golf myself it's nice to be represented :p

My girlfriend was a traitor though as she met Lea Wood and decided he was good looking so cheered him on instead of Shaun :razz:

The decent togs were right down on the barrier and weren't an issue, but there were guys there with crap kit just stood up getting high level shots, you could spot the pro's a mile off. A combination of that and marshalls just stood in front of everyone chatting were really annoying when they had a whole thing to stand in that noone sits behind.

You don't know what type of shot they were trying to get.

As for crap kit - well its how you use it that matters!

You don't know what type of shot they were trying to get.

As for crap kit - well its how you use it that matters!

None of this detracts from the point that it's really annoying to have people walk right in front of you where there is no way to see past their heads, and no option to move due to the number of people. I didn't start out to bash the media guys it was meerly an observation, it's more a fault of the circuit. They need higher banks and banks starting at the track edge. I found the experience really frustrating and next time I go will definately not be sitting where I thought there was a great view of the chicane, I will make sure to position to one side. Added to this was people setting up fishing umbrellas right on the fence line, I mean WTF.

Out of the four tracks I frequent, Thruxton has the best banks and the Brand GP circuit is so big it's easy to get a position on the fence with lots of options of different corners. The Snetterton Chicane was absolutely packed even on Qualifying day and we got there about about 8.45 as we were camping :(

I enjoyed the weekend but found it a bit limiting for pics is all I'm trying to say. I think I would try and get on the outside of the circuit next time as well which is something I didn't even notice you could do until near the end of the weekend.

It's also a shame you can't get near sear corner as that would be a nice place to sit.

Sear is a little boring unless you are Adrian Newey.

The Esses is a good place to watch, especially from the outside of the circuit and you can move all the way down around to almost the 1st corner - the new spectator bank around Coram wasn't ready, but when this is ready will solve a lot of your criticisms.

There is talk of the circuit extension taking place this winter. There have been various plans including a loop around Russells and/or between Riches and Sear.

Back