Buachaille Etive Mor this morning

Edit My Images
Yes
It wasn't the best of the mornings but at least it was dry however, a bounce of light under the clouds, filled the place with warm Autumn colour.

4106381227_1600cfd2b2_o.jpg

Photography courses in Glencoe

I love it. Really like the autumn colours, water movement and the backdrop of tree and mountain.

Lovely shot.

Might pop over to Glencoe this week.

Great gallery by the way.

Very nice Dimitri. The usual well loved spot. Did you have some people there on a course?

I've been having a go at this myself this week, I need a location like this one!

I'm sure Dimitri could give you other great locations in the area but.....turn left (signposted Glen Etive) after the Glen Coe ski centre. Drive a couple of hundred yards and there's space on the left for 3 or 4 cars just before the bridge over the river Coupall.

Walk about 50 yards (boots or wellingtons) upstream staying on the North side of the river.

Depending on the day you may well have company lol.

Early morning will give great light on the Buachaille.

Last edited:
I'm sure Dimitri could give you other great locations in the area but.....turn left (signposted Glen Etive) after the Glen Coe ski centre. Drive a couple of hundred yards and there's space on the left for 3 or 4 cars just before the bridge over the river Coupall.

Walk about 50 yards (boots or wellingtons) upstream staying on the North side of the river.

It'll have to be Jan now as I've just got back today from the lakes! :bonk: I'll have to make a trip up there it looks spectacular! (y)

It'll have to be Jan now as I've just got back today from the lakes! :bonk: I'll have to make a trip up there it looks spectacular! (y)

I'm lucky as I'm there every few weeks (law of averages and all that) but that time of year can be fantastic !

I'm going up the thing next week so with any luck I'll have some pics looking the other way to share.

Last edited:
Lovely image! In fact simply stunning! Great autumnal colours all the detail retained. Its a stunning location, i am chuffed to have been there, shame i was piddling down and we had run out of time after doing the oban circular route...

Seriously lovely image in my humble opinion!

That is correct, on the spot.

Very nice Dimitri. The usual well loved spot. Did you have some people there on a course?
Yes I did. They all went home with similar images and very happy. :)

I'm lucky as I'm there every few weeks (law of averages and all that) but that time of year can be fantastic !

I'm going up the thing next week so with any luck I'll have some pics looking the other way to share.

Next week! I'll be hard at it at work selling cameras to people that will return a D700 because the focusing does not work... By the way that translates to the diatopic setting was off in the eye piece, but try telling them that when... here's the killer bit, they don't have a computer to check the images. Sorry rant over just the kind of day I've had. I envy you and I will try and get way up north in Jan

That is correct, on the spot.

Yes I did. They all went home with similar images and very happy. :)

Talking of which, I may try and tag along with you if you happen to be going that way when I get up there!? My attempt at water can be found here

I like the colours. You see this sort of shot all the time but I can't remember the last time I saw it with such warm looking colours.

One thing I've always wondered though is, is there a queue to take this shot when you go? :D

I like the colours. You see this sort of shot all the time but I can't remember the last time I saw it with such warm looking colours.

One thing I've always wondered though is, is there a queue to take this shot when you go? :D

Yes

There was about ten folk their a few weeks ago.

i love advice like this. i often go out in the car and drive around 'scenic' places looking for somewhere to stop and take some shots. and quite often fail.

maybe im just lazy, but its great when you can get exact details of specific spots. maybe we could maintain a thread of such locations

i love advice like this. i often go out in the car and drive around 'scenic' places looking for somewhere to stop and take some shots. and quite often fail.

maybe im just lazy, but its great when you can get exact details of specific spots. maybe we could maintain a thread of such locations

Or perhaps some kind of location challenge? Pick locations from say 10 points around the UK and have a comp for each one? :naughty:

Back