Buachaille Etive Mor

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
One of my favourite places on earth, Glencoe. Despite the gloomy dramatic air to the place I feel really at home here.

Buachaille Etive Mor by mark_mullen, on Flickr

This was a second at F13, ISO 100. I used a 3 stop hard edged grad to hold the sky back, no need for a solid ND as it wasn't very light at 9.50am.

Processed in Capture One 7 and CS6, I used Nik's Color Efex and the detail extractor plug in when processing it.

I hope you like it.

Fantastic! :clap:

Fine shot, Mark. Very frequently photographed mountain and your pic is a new approach/pov which helps a great deal. Light/shadow and autumn tones are superb.

Glencoe is a wonderful place and you have done it real justice, that is a corker.

Superb shot as always Mark. You've captured the magnificence of the mountain really excellently plus some lovely autumnal colours and just the right amount of water blur. Well done.

Glencoe is certainly a landscape photographer's dream. It's a few years since we've been (in fact back in our 35mm film days). We did the West Highland Way (Glasgow to Fort William) one year and had a view of this mountain out of our window when we stayed over night at the Kings House Hotel (well recommended).

The colours may be a little strong, but it's a wonderful image nonetheless.

Back