Budget Tripod Recommendation

Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm in need of a reasonably low cost tripod, ideally at a size that I can stash in a backpack but sturdy enough to support my 400D and 17-40 L. I currently have a Velbon CX Mini which is great but just doesn't have the height for some situations.

Looking to spend around £50, maybe more at a push, any recommendations?

recently bought a velbon d-50 with bag from jessops for £30, seems nice and sturdy and has some good height to it. 3-way head, rubber feet that can be screwed up to reveal metal spikes for extra sturdiness and not to heavy to carry around.

maybe worth a look.

Redsnapper 283 or 284 is the best you can get for £50 - also 10% discount for TP members. That's without a head though - £50 extra for the rather good RSH-12 ball head.

You may well laugh, but I have a £9.99 tripod from Aldi and a £14.99 from Lidl. Both work perfectly well with my D7000

Redsnapper 283 or 284 is the best you can get for £50 - also 10% discount for TP members. That's without a head though - £50 extra for the rather good RSH-12 ball head.

as said, the best pod you can get for the money i think, £50 is amazing, really good quality and great looking.

you can get a cheap head of ebay, i got a great ball head for about £13, jsut keep an eye out if you have time.

...Looking to spend around £50, maybe more at a push, any recommendations?

Wait longer, spend more:)

You might not think it's worth it but if you're into landscapes and trek distances to capture that elusive picture it's good to know that it's as light as The Dump Truck in zero gravity and as sturdy as Jonah Lomu. At least that's the kind of rubbish I use to justify my purchases:D. Ok, making a return helps but why buy 10 crap tripods when you can buy 1 good one.

I can honestly say that I'm so glad that I pushed my budget to it's extremes and invested in a Redsnapper tripod with ballhead.

I didn't plan on spending so much on a tripod but the quality of the snapper is outstanding.

As Blanche from Corrie used to say, " Buy cheap, buy twice"...says it all really :LOL:

If you are planning on using the tripod outdoors on uneven ground try to avoid one of those types that has the leg braces (Such as the argos one).

Being able to adjust leg angles independently makes a tripod so much more versatile .

Best value right now is the redsnapper RS283 with the RSH24 head.
http://www.redsnapperuk.com/camera-accessories/RS-283_tripod_and_RSH-24_3-way_head_.html

Nothing on the market even comes close for function and quality.

Having seen the posts about Redsnapper i am thinking seriously about buying a Redsnapper RST 283 with RSH 61 ball head which seems very good spec etc. I would be interested in any comments about the weight, stability , portability on hikes etc . i se aLumix G3 with 14-42 and 45- 200 lens . Any other tripod recommnedations would also be welcomed.

Back