Building shot in B&W

There's little to grab my attention here I'm afraid. The building looks dull and uninteresting and looks a little soft or out of focus.

If you are going to photograph buildings like this then I think you would be better off a) photographing the whole building, or b) making an interesting composition with part of the building, ie, shooting so that you have a diagonal line running through the frame. You must ensure that the light is good and the shot is well focused and exposed. The trees also detract from this scene too.

I'm sorry to sound so harsh but I would rather be constructive and you can improve.

@Cartus :- I am just a beginner and i am learning photography... The exposure is kept as 0. I have just tried this for 1st time....

I've had a brief look at your Flickr photostream and a couple of points occurred to me:

Stick with colour for now. Yours is such a colourful country and make the most of the vibrant colours, they're very appealing. Using black and white is making your photos look drab an uninteresting by comparison to the colour.

By far the most interesting pictures to me are your portraits of people especially 'No home to go'. The picture tells a story, has great colour and all the elements of a great photo if a little more thought and care were involved. I would recommend you concentrate on photos like this perhaps.

Don't worry about the camera settings too much and try and choose subjects which 'tell us' something if that makes sense. Look at other peoples photos (on Flickr perhaps) and ask yourself why you like some and not others. Most importantly just keep taking pictures and enjoy it.

@Cartus :- Thanks cartus for your support and nice comments... I would love have some suggestions like this.. Don't think that i am feeling bad.. I will try to keep things in color...

Back