Edit My Images
Yes
On a weekend day out at Ryton Gardens.
As always C&C welcome, thanks.

9377886363_829a6cf5d7_b.jpg

9380670364_8f02ca3f6c_b.jpg

9380665926_1372f792dd_b.jpg

Last edited:
at first, i thought i was just going to close the tab to be honest, I dont like giving negative crit on things that dont interest me - BUT, i did get as far as the third image and my view changed :)

So while Im here, I just as well throw in my half pence worth.

Im not fussed on the first image, the bee is too dark/underexposed, so is all the green and the flowers a little too orange.

The 2nd image, though could be interesting, looks boring - because of the positioning.
When you initially look at the image, my eyes go straight to the subject, there's nothing leading me there, or away from the subject - its just <there>, like a splat of paint on a white piece of paper - do you know what I mean?

If you re-took that 2nd image, maybe had one nearest to you, then slowly out of focus the other parts of the plant fading into the back ground and perhaps get the branch into view as use that as a leading line. If this makes sense :shrug:

The third image - I really like. Best of the bunch (for me). Fills up the frame, nice focussing though if DOF was a bit bigger, we could have had a little more detail and the colours and patterns are interesting. Very nice image :)

at first, i thought i was just going to close the tab to be honest, I dont like giving negative crit on things that dont interest me - BUT, i did get as far as the third image and my view changed :)

So while Im here, I just as well throw in my half pence worth.

Im not fussed on the first image, the bee is too dark/underexposed, so is all the green and the flowers a little too orange.

The 2nd image, though could be interesting, looks boring - because of the positioning.
When you initially look at the image, my eyes go straight to the subject, there's nothing leading me there, or away from the subject - its just <there>, like a splat of paint on a white piece of paper - do you know what I mean?

If you re-took that 2nd image, maybe had one nearest to you, then slowly out of focus the other parts of the plant fading into the back ground and perhaps get the branch into view as use that as a leading line. If this makes sense :shrug:

The third image - I really like. Best of the bunch (for me). Fills up the frame, nice focussing though if DOF was a bit bigger, we could have had a little more detail and the colours and patterns are interesting. Very nice image :)

Thanks a lot Carl, for taking the time to do this crit, very constructive and detailed, really appreciate it.
All points well taken, I will try and do some exposure edits this weekend on the first one.
Doubt if I will get a chance to re-take the second one ;) they were so delicate in the wind that nothing was hanging still.
The third one is actually heavily cropped, with some added sharpness. Wish I still had the 105 micro, glad you liked it.

Back