Studio Bump Shoot

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
No
Hi Everyone, please feel free to be as nice and as mean as you like. I really struggle with making my photos soft and feminine im usually so into them looking clinical but i have tried my best.
Here are the photos of my wife 37 weeks pregnant with our soon to be third child (little boy)

bump shoot (3) by Neil Hinder, on Flickr

bump shoot (7) by Neil Hinder, on Flickr

bump shoot (5) by Neil Hinder, on Flickr

bump shoot (6) by Neil Hinder, on Flickr

bump shoot (4) by Neil Hinder, on Flickr

bump shoot (8) by Neil Hinder, on Flickr

bump shoot (2) by Neil Hinder, on Flickr

bump shoot (1) by Neil Hinder, on Flickr

They're lovely photos and great memories. You're definitely good at directing poses.
I think a number of them are too bright though, you can almost not see the bump!
Hi I editing both light and darker but I wanted a more high light appeal and my screen isn't the best. But I checked with my wife what she preferred and wanted and she preferred these so I went with them

With Dave as pick of the bunch (3) with 5 a second. That said there all great.

Gaz

#4 & #5 are great shots. Funny how vision works, the high-key works well, I'g have never have seen that.

Thanks Kris, took some time for me to get used to the idea of what i wanted and how best to display it. But ive had some good feedback as well as some thats not been so good.

I guess the question is, does the wife like them?

They're a really nice set of shots. Re the whiteness and levels, when I looked on a non-photographic monitor this morning the dress was completely lost against the background, but now I'm at home these look perfectly balanced.

They're a really nice set of shots. Re the whiteness and levels, when I looked on a non-photographic monitor this morning the dress was completely lost against the background, but now I'm at home these look perfectly balanced.
Awe thanks ancient. Maybe you could lend your screen to some others who find it too bright lol

There's lot to like here :) And most aren't too bright at all.

There are a couple of minor oddities..
I'm not sure 35mm was the best choice for the closeup portrait
The lights are a bit low - they could do with being a little above her
The lighting is an odd mixture.. there are some very hard edged shadows - but they're not very dense. That's somewhat unusual. Not wrong, just unusual

There's lot to like here :) And most aren't too bright at all.

There are a couple of minor oddities..
I'm not sure 35mm was the best choice for the closeup portrait
The lights are a bit low - they could do with being a little above her
The lighting is an odd mixture.. there are some very hard edged shadows - but they're not very dense. That's somewhat unusual. Not wrong, just unusual
Hi juggler, thanks for the feedback. Glad you don't find them too bright.
I only have a 35mm and a 85mm and the 85mm was far too close expect for the portrait one but that was only a side shot when doing a shoot.
As for the lights I'm trying to make the best of a tight situation. I think next time I'll use my living room so I have more width from them but it's always a toss up with space. But yes they should be a little higher. I was using an umbrella and a reflector over the other light. My softbox has arrived now so that may change things to make it somewhat softer

Hi juggler, thanks for the feedback. Glad you don't find them too bright.
I only have a 35mm and a 85mm and the 85mm was far too close expect for the portrait one but that was only a side shot when doing a shoot.
As for the lights I'm trying to make the best of a tight situation. I think next time I'll use my living room so I have more width from them but it's always a toss up with space. But yes they should be a little higher. I was using an umbrella and a reflector over the other light. My softbox has arrived now so that may change things to make it somewhat softer

I don't know your space and I'm guessing about the look you're after, but I suspect that bouncing one light off the ceiling and using the other for on-axis fill with the biggest brolly you can fit in would do the job.

I had one brolly bouncing off the wall slightly and the other direct. Need to work more on my key and fill techniques. I'm not used to doing much lighting work either and these lights are new for me as well.

Back