Burton Dassett - Hypnotic

MWHCVT

In Memoriam
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
I spent a the early very cold hours of this morning up at Burton Dassett Country Park in the heart of Warwickshire, trying to capture the Leonid Meteor shower, in the end I was able to capture a single Leonid, that you can see smashing into the roof of the historic beacon on the top of the 666ft peak...

Hopefully you'll agree with my feeling that the shear level of the trails has an almost Hypnotic quality (y)

323/366 (688) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

This is made up of 90 minutes of 30 second exposures at ISO2500 f/4.5

As with all my photo's comments and critique are both welcomed and appreciated (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

In terms of stars, personally I think that's about the best Ive seen.

Light clouds here tonight means no Leonids :(

bidden said:
Fabulous! Worth getting cold for :)

Thanks indeed it was but would have been nicer to also get some of the celestial fireworks I was out there for :)

nickjohnwatson said:
Thats pretty cool!

viv1969 said:
In terms of stars, personally I think that's about the best Ive seen.

Light clouds here tonight means no Leonids :(

That's really kind of you to say (y)

Matt

Matt, you are one of those photographers that I aspire to... you have such passion and focus that it always shows in your work.

stunning shot, brilliant execution, and :notworthy:

well done!
x

Hypnotic - Very much so Matt. Really graphic lines that draw you in. It almost doesn't need the land or the building in the shot... although they do give context to what you're looking at.

I'll hopefully be there over the winter but for other purposes.... snowboarding ;)

Keep waiting for the Tardis to appear. That must have been a very cold 90 minutes.
Lovely shot.

That's a top star trail Matt!
Love it......:love:

Cheers :D really pleased that you like it (y)

Matt, you are one of those photographers that I aspire to... you have such passion and focus that it always shows in your work.

stunning shot, brilliant execution, and :notworthy:

well done!
x

:love: Maria that's far to kind of you but thank you :D

Hypnotic - Very much so Matt. Really graphic lines that draw you in. It almost doesn't need the land or the building in the shot... although they do give context to what you're looking at.

I'll hopefully be there over the winter but for other purposes.... snowboarding ;)

Thanks Pat, very kind of you to say, glad that you like it and hope that you get your snow :D maybe see you up there one day, though I'll take some pictures rather than snow boarding ;)

Keep waiting for the Tardis to appear. That must have been a very cold 90 minutes.
Lovely shot.

It was actually a cold 4 hours but some of that was because I was early and set up time, it take time to set up two camera as I was double shooting last night and then unfortunately partially down to myself I had to scrap about and hour of exposure due to mist/frost issues :annoyed:

Matt

Yeah, that is a special photograph :clap:

Well composed and nice length in the trails.

Wish I could drag my butt out of my warm bed to do some trails.

Cheers.

Yeah, that is a special photograph :clap:

Well composed and nice length in the trails.

Wish I could drag my butt out of my warm bed to do some trails.

Cheers.

Do it Andy, you know that you want to :D glad that you like it (y)

Very Good well done bud (y)

Cheers Vince it's quite cool, as it was also featured on the yahoo US home page yesterday not that I could find it :bang: this photo has had a fair bit of exposure :cool:

Back