Burwell Fen Sunrise

Name
Nigel
Edit My Images
No
Was actually out with the 400mm on Wildlife watch, but as is becoming increasingly common the Fuji was slung around my neck. The 35mm (52mm equiv) wouldn't normally be something I'd associate landscape photography with hey, you roll with what you have.

4.jpg

Burwell Fen Sunrise on 500px.

This is Cock-Up Bridge, along Burwell Fen, in Cambridgeshire. I was actually on the hunt for Short Eared Owls - sadly none to be seen on that particular day. Certainly once I drop on a wider lens for the Fuji I'll be coming back to this particular area more and more - plenty of opportunities to explore. The Cambridgeshire Fens are not something normally associated with Great Landscape photography, or at least the examples are few and far between. Sounds like a challenge to me :)

Cheers,

Nige

Certainly worth capturing, lovely orange glow in that sky, must say the Fens are not the most scenic part of the world

Quick snap from this morning also taken with a Fuji,just out stretching my legs and getting some fresh air at Fen Drayton. Thought your photo could do with some company and will take up the challenge of getting some nicer Fenland landscapes (14mm could do with some use)

View attachment 27062

Last edited:
@monkeyleader will give it a go, got a few places in mind that might not be too bad given the right conditions.
Going to try and get one a month, so keep an eye out for the loony with the Fuji and tripod

Just out of interest where are you? I'm in St Ives

Happy Christmas

Great pictures, perfectly level skyline with the landscape wrapping itself around it neatly.

Nice one Mike, we've only got big skies and this shows it very nicely

Back