Bury St Edmunds TP Meet - 2/5/11

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Well another meet in Bury St Edmunds - this one slightly drier than the last.

Was good to meet up with a few new people as well as the old guard of the Norfolk Mafia - thanks for all coming folks (y)

Anyway here are a few of mine.

1: Worship;

Worship
by Don't like to be Bored, on Flickr

2: Alter;

Cathedral Alter

3: Angel;

Angel

4: Thoughtful;

Thoughtful

5: My old person shot of the day for the challenge;

Welcome to Bury St Edmunds

Thanks once again for making the effort -especially Ryan who came over from Peterborough.

Nick

Was good to meet up with our Suffolk Brethern - some new faces, and a full turn out of the Norfolk Mafia to boot.

We safely made it back over the border to civility, however we are willing to move the Border, so you can have Thetford?

A few pics from me. A couple that I wanted to share unfortunately didn't come out so well.... and a fairly mixed bag.......

C&C Welcomed from anyone of any ability.

1) I think she had just caught sight of the gentleman in the 1970's shorts, sandals and calf length black socks........

burygirlabbeygardens800bw.jpg

2) Cloisters

burycloisters800bw.jpg

3) The Abbey

buryabbey800col.jpg

4) I have no idea what this is about - but was a small statue in the abbey.

buryabbeysaw800bw.jpg

5) I know Suffolk is to the south, but the Deep South? They still have klansmen!

burykkk.jpg

6) Athenaeum

buryathenabw.jpg

Last edited:
oh one more.....................

one of the themes of the day was to capture "Suffolk life!"

Here's my montage.......

suffolklife.jpg

:exit:

Few from me:

100.jpg

093.jpg

036b.jpg

119b.jpg

127b.jpg

023.jpg

Nice meeting y'all. Thanx Nick for organising.

cracking one of the Rottie and the icecream.

couple more

159b.jpg

248.jpg

Cheers Lynton.

Here's my montage.......

suffolklife.jpg

I'm now a Norwich supporter! ;)

Here's my montage.......

suffolklife.jpg

Oi :nono: :bat:

Going to Abbey Gardens was always going to be an "animal shoot" as I know there's a good mix of critters. But I couldn't resist shooting some street photography too. Thanks to Nick for getting us all together. It was great to see you all, friends old and new….

1) Blue tit….

5680969218_67939bcb9f_z.jpg

2) Robin…

5680408829_9f03a02233_z.jpg

3) Squirrel……

5680414215_9fab8684a4_z.jpg

4) A really nice lad actually and his 9 month old "staffie"

5680991772_69c444649b_z.jpg

5) Nick, Roger, Tim, Lynton and Mrs Lynton (hoodlums)

5680434165_eb9b4f70bd_z.jpg

6) OAP competition entry (Rule Britannia……)

5681001228_863fe722bd_z.jpg

Enjoy…..

Aww who's rotty? He's lovely!

What is it about old people and beige?? :LOL:

It looks like you all had a good day :)

Well another meet in Bury St Edmunds - this one slightly drier than the last.

Was good to meet up with a few new people as well as the old guard of the Norfolk Mafia - thanks for all coming folks (y)

Anyway here are a few of mine.

1: Worship;

Worship

4: Thoughtful;

Thoughtful

Thanks once again for making the effort -especially Ryan who came over from Peterborough.

Nick

One and four for me Nick. Love number one - although might look better without the watermark ;) Fours a great candid - I think she knew she was being "papped" though :D

Was good to meet up with our Suffolk Brethern - some new faces, and a full turn out of the Norfolk Mafia to boot.

We safely made it back over the border to civility, however we are willing to move the Border, so you can have Thetford?

A few pics from me. A couple that I wanted to share unfortunately didn't come out so well.... and a fairly mixed bag.......

C&C Welcomed from anyone of any ability.

2) Cloisters

burycloisters800bw.jpg

3) The Abbey

buryabbey800col.jpg

/QUOTE]

2 and 3 for me mate. The cloisters is a great black and white image and the cathedral is a great composition and well pp. Is it slightly wonky though??

Nice set Ryan - the first two have fantastic detail - just shows what you can do with the 70-200 and a 2xtc :clap:

I really like the last one though of the guy on the scooter (y)

Thanks for the comments on mine - I know the watermark gets in the way sometimes but :shrug: and yes she did know but was quite happy to pose :nuts:

Good to meet you and thanks for coming (y)

Nick

2 and 3 for me mate. The cloisters is a great black and white image and the cathedral is a great composition and well pp. Is it slightly wonky though??

:razz:

Probably - though I spent bloody ages straightening it in photoshop! Seems my camera had a 0.7 deg bias to the right today...........

as for yours - all crackers, as per usual..... love the "hoodlums" shot........... and I did wonder what yuo were lining up for for "rule britannia"

Last edited:
:razz:

Probably - though I spent bloody ages straightening it in photoshop! Seems my camera had a 0.7 deg bias to the right today...........

You nearly had more than that when you kept on walking in Damiens way whilst he was trying to get the same shot :LOL:

You nearly had more than that when you kept on walking in Damiens way whilst he was trying to get the same shot :LOL:

lol.. I do it on purpose! Anything to stop him from copying............. :shake:

Again, thanks for a sharing an afternoon in BSE. Here's mine. Few more in the gallery.

TP_Cathedral-2.jpg

Cathedral_9-2.jpg

Cathedral_6-2.jpg

Cathedral_10-21.jpg

TP_Angel_Hill_2-2.jpg

TP_Arc-2.jpg

Great shots from everyone so far..
FWIW, I had to straighten my cathedral shot, perhaps it's on a slight hill. ;)
Love your bird shots Ryan and your squirrel shot with the ice cream beats by rotty. :(

TORI: Rotty belonged to a couple enjoying a coffee. The fella than bought a 99 ate the flake and fed the dog with the ice cream.

Great work from everyone so far....:clap:

Haven't eve looked at mine yet.....might have to put some of them in their own thread.....might be a little "Smutty" for this one!! :naughty:

^^^^^^^^

Funny - living in BSE for 25 years and I never saw anything like this.

How it's gone downhill since I left(y)

Thanks for the memories guys.

Damien - cracking set of shots but I believe that any of the first three, if not all could be used in the same sentance as you :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I had a feeling you were planing something.........different :cautious:

Nick

Nick, I shall ask this question again........."Is it possible for a person to be banned from a county"? If yes, then Damien must surely be a candidate:LOL:

Classic

So now everytime I go to the Ram Me(adow) carpark I will always think of Damien, or something..... Priceless.:LOL:

2) Robin…

5680408829_9f03a02233_z.jpg

3) Squirrel……

5680414215_9fab8684a4_z.jpg

QUOTE]

massive fan of these two :clap:

^^^^^^^^

Funny - living in BSE for 25 years and I never saw anything like this.

How it's gone downhill since I left(y)

Thanks for the memories guys.

I was truely shocked at how much of a smut-fest Bury St Eds is.....it's basically the East Anglian region's Amsterdam!!

Damien - cracking set of shots but I believe that any of the first three, if not all could be used in the same sentance as you :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I had a feeling you were planing something.........different :cautious:

Nick

:razz: Although if I'm honest, I agree 100%!! :D

Nick, I shall ask this question again........."Is it possible for a person to be banned from a county"? If yes, then Damien must surely be a candidate:LOL:

Like I said on the meet, it wouldn't be a great loss.....just need then to re-direct the A11 round Suffolk and I need never go there again!!! :p

I can see this happening on every single meet I attend in the future.....:naughty:

So now everytime I go to the Ram Me(adow) carpark I will always think of Damien, or something..... Priceless.:LOL:

Glad to be of service!! :LOL:

Some nice 'word photography' in the post above Damien :LOL:

Glad to see your eye is still firmly attached to the viewfinder :)

Back