Bury st edmunds

I was from Great Barton. For the first 22 years of my life. I would move back there tomorrow but the wife is too much of a townie. I love the place.

I lived in BSE while I was at RAF Honnington, 1981-1984. Nice place.

:wave:

Norwich myself. Guess you can classify that as fairly close

What an infiltrator :bat:

Don't forget passport control if you come to Suffolk :LOL:

Did work in Bury for 18 months while living in Haverhill. Lovely town (Bury, not Haverhill).

Did work in Bury for 18 months while living in Haverhill. Lovely town (Bury, not Haverhill).

Oi I grew up in Averill (sorry it has no H if you like there) and it is a wonderfull place - couldn't wait to move away:LOL:

Pop there now and again, as there's a better variety of local shops compared to other towns in the area, but haven't ever considered Bury as a photographic location!

The road from BSE to Haverhill was serious Ducati country. :cool:

Is Mortimore's fish restaurant still going? Word was - don't go there if you are poor or hungry. The food was fabulous though. :)

Troston...Bury, Bury... Troston, as if they're miles and miles apart!

And at Fornham St Martin I'm in neither but betwixt. What a strange thread!

Bury born and bred. Lived there for the first 16 years of my life. Went to Tollgate CP, Howard middle and County Upper. :)

robrevens said:
Bury born and bred. Lived there for the first 16 years of my life. Went to Tollgate CP, Howard middle and County Upper. :)

Sorry to hear you went to county lol. I went to Thurston Upper :)

I'm an Ipswich lad, born and bred and often visit Bury St Edmunds. Lovely place.

I take it from your user name that you are a Town fan :thinking:

I sit in the South stand lower in the disabled bit by the tunnel - slightly odd perspective being pitch level.

COYB

I take it from your user name that you are a Town fan :thinking:

I sit in the South stand lower in the disabled bit by the tunnel - slightly odd perspective being pitch level.

COYB

I am indeed, although I gave up my season ticket about 3 years ago because I had to put my money elsewhere (house/kids!)

after moving to bury from london i did 1 year at howard primary then howard middle and county upper:)

Tractor Boy said:
haha currently working in Ipswich and living in BSE - oh the lovely A14:bang:

Think yourself lucky. I have to negotiate the M4 on a daily basis. I would love an A14 commute.

Back