Business shoot

Nicely done.

The light on his right ear is a bit odd. The density of the neighbouring shadows mean the ear looks somewhat disembodied. Maybe the accent light would have worked better on the other side? Or perhaps add a reflector next time?

I'd be happy with that! Although having said that, I might have moved my main light so it was a little more directly overhead, thus making the shadow to the light on his right ear as @juggler pointed out blend in more... I think it's the break in the light that makes it look a wee bit odd. But to be fair, I think only other photographers would notice that and I'm sure your client is thrilled. :)

Thanks! Yep the client was very very happy. I shot it on the XPRO 2 and the 35mm f1.4 it was enlarged up to a huge print too

Looks a little soft when it's larger, the light on the right is a little blow. Not sure if it's the way the image renders on the pro2 compared to the XT2 or even a decent Leica.

Trust me it's not soft at all in print!
This file is only 1.8mb uploaded so I feel it's lost somewhere in translation.

Last edited:
You've asked for it to be critiqued and you've uploaded a small photo? I don't get what you have done that. There are plenty of areas to share photos. But here is for critiquing and it looks soft. Can you upload the full size?

Hi thanks for the comments.
That's a good point!
I can't upload the full res from here and it's on my phone

You've asked for it to be critiqued and you've uploaded a small photo? I don't get what you have done that. There are plenty of areas to share photos. But here is for critiquing and it looks soft. Can you upload the full size?

Looks plenty sharp to me... Although I'm not sure where he ever said he wanted critique in the first place? :whistle:

Oh and OP - I think it's an alright shot.. Nothing to write home about as far as commercial portraits go, but ticks all the boxes as far as it goes. My only criticism would be the mug-shot posing. Looks like he should be holding a number plate up :D

Looks plenty sharp to me... Although I'm not sure where he ever said he wanted critique in the first place? :whistle:
It's in the sharing and critiquing section.

Looks pretty good and sharper than the other you stuck up.

Glasses are good and don't suffer from reflections

I know nowt about this sort of thing. Just letting you know I viewed and liked it VERY much. The chap might not have been confident but it don't show to me.

Gaz

Looks decent to me. Definitely sharp to my eyes.

The kicker to the right looks a little odd and would have been nicer if placed on the left IMO. I'm sure the client was thrilled.

Back