I have been visiting the Butterfly house at the zoo
Nice and warm in there when its cold and rainy outside:D
Pete
IMG_6222.jpg

hbxflevelsweb.jpg

Giant Wood Nympth

IMG_5127.jpg

Indian Leaf butterfly

Nice place to get these photos, when I was there some time ago my biggest problem was the lens misting up.

Realspeed

Nice place to get these photos, when I was there some time ago my biggest problem was the lens misting up.

Realspeed
Yep it is a problem I leave the camera in the bag for 20 mins but it still mists up
I use my old Camera the 350D worried about the condensation mucking up my new one
pete

Nice pictures, I love butterflies, am going to Chester zoo end march.

I am new to this I didn't realise that the misting up of the lens was damaging??? What's the best thing to do to avoid damage then, I find if I go straight from car to butterfly house it's ok, but when I go back later to see the evening butterflies it's takes half hour for lens to demist.

Sorry if it's rude to hijack.

What lens are you using to take them??

Nice :)

My lens cleared after about 10 minutes of being in Tropical wings butterfly house at the weekend.

The first one is a tree nymph, but I don't think it's the giant one?

I love that last one, because its so different, you cant even tell its a butterfly.

Hi Sam:)
I was using a Sigma 105 Macro lens
Im not really sure if condensation does damage the camera but I try to minmise it by leaving the camera in the bag for as long as possible
I did find that if I drove up with the heater on in the car and left the camera in the bag for a while it was just the outside of the lens that misted up

thanks for the ID Tori I was not 100% sure:)

Thanks, I am aiming to get to Bristol Zoo this week, I'll try that with the lens

Hi Sam:)
I was using a Sigma 105 Macro lens
Im not really sure if condensation does damage the camera but I try to minmise it by leaving the camera in the bag for as long as possible
I did find that if I drove up with the heater on in the car and left the camera in the bag for a while it was just the outside of the lens that misted up

thanks for the ID Tori I was not 100% sure:)

Hi thanks, I did what you suggested, I left the bag on the floor where the warm air was blowing and it didnt mist up anywhere nearly as badly when I went today.

Hi thanks, I did what you suggested, I left the bag on the floor where the warm air was blowing and it didnt mist up anywhere nearly as badly when I went today.

Thats a good idea they have a warm air blower by the entrance at Chester will try that next time I go:)

Back