Critique butterflies from the butterfly house

Edit My Images
Yes
Afternoon :)
I hope you don't mind some more butterflies from the butterfly house:D
I did go out to the nature reserve the other day but it was cold and windy and hardly saw anything:( and didn't take one shot hopefully in another week the Green hairstreak butterflies will be out:)

this one is an exposure blend of 4 shots using Photomatix to get the exposure right on the butterfly and not blow out the Arum Lily flower
really pleased how it came out

13912772275_ec7cbeddac.jpg

this one is using fill flash and a small torch for a bit of backlight

13913192874_51641ae3b1.jpg

Beautifully done Pete, both are superb shots.

Butterflies are beautiful, especially when they are well shot, so keep them coming :clap:

Love how the butterfly mirrors the shape of the flower in the first one. Both lovely images and good technique to control the whites in the first.

As Tim said 1st is really well composed almost like a butterfly with 2 different wings.

Excellent shots.

Love how the butterfly mirrors the shape of the flower in the first one. Both lovely images and good technique to control the whites in the first.

Thanks Tim :)
I was lucky finding the butterfly perched on the flower like that
I've never tried using bracketed shots for butterflies before the Photomatix program is usually used for landscapes

As Tim said 1st is really well composed almost like a butterfly with 2 different wings.

Excellent shots.
Thanks very much Bryn I got lucky with him perched on there very happy how it turned out though:)

Especially like number 2 Pete. Great colours and composition.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Talk Photography Forums

Back