Butterflies of Bristol Zoo

Edit My Images
Yes
1), Im not sure if this works, I need 6 butterfly, I have anout 50 of this, in different formats, but I am not sure it works really so I havent PS any of them, I like the fairy ring shape of them though - its different

DSC_1685 by joannagraciz, on Flickr

2) again a different pose for butterflies, again I have 50 or so

DSC_1648 by joannagraciz, on Flickr

3)
DSC_1515 by joannagraciz, on Flickr

4)
DSC_1460 by joannagraciz, on Flickr

5)
DSC_1579 by joannagraciz, on Flickr

6)
DSC_1620 by joannagraciz, on Flickr

any thoughts, advice, criticism especially re the composition of 1 and whether to just disregard it.

Last edited:
Beautiful series Sam
The second one is brilliant with a nice out of focus background
love the first one too i have never seen the Clearwings in a group like that before
pete

Beautiful series Sam
The second one is brilliant with a nice out of focus background
love the first one too i have never seen the Clearwings in a group like that before
pete

They were amazing, the woman in the butterfly house said she had never seen them like that either.

Thanks for the comments as well. I am fairly pleased with them, now i just need to whittle them down from the 300 or so I have!

mission1968 said:
Very good with kit lens and cheap macro rings :clap:, but am no expert just hope i can get shots like this with my tamron 90mm macro lens

Tbh I take hundreds, at all diff angles, apertures, ISos and focal point, then I pick the best, more luck than skill

I was in butterfly house for over 3 hours before I died of heat, just wandering and snapping, I loved it they are beautiful creatures.

Back