Butterflies of Malaysia

Name
kurt
Edit My Images
No
Great Orangetip butterfly (Hebomoia glaucippe). Selangor, Malaysia.
Great Orangetip IMG_2719 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Beautiful Green Dragontail butterfly (Lamproptera meges meges - ID credit: Lc Goh ). Sabah (Borneo).
Green Dragontail _MG_7144 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

I was photographing a green dragon tail at first and this beauty was extremely cooperative. Didn't move a bit despite the strong wind and my approaching him/her. Delias cinerascens cinerascens. ID credit: Les Day.
Delias cinerascens cinerascens _MG_7148 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Blue Glassy Tiger (Ideopsis vulgaris macrina)?. Gopeng, Perak.
Ideopsis vulgaris macrina IMG_3976 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Papilio demoleus malayanus (Lime Butterfly). Selangor, Malaysia.
Papilio demoleus malayanus IMG_1197 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Malayan Owl butterfly (Neorina lowii neophyta)
Neorina lowii neophyta IMG_1541 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Dark Jungle Glory butterfly ( Thaumantis noureddin noureddin). Selangor, Malaysia.
Thaumantis noureddin noureddin IMG_6313 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

More butterflies and moths: http://orionmystery.blogspot.com/2011/01/butterflies-and-rainforest.html

WOW some fantastic shots Kurt - every one of them, but the one that catches my eye the most is the Beautiful Green Dragontail butterfly, reminds me of a fish! even though its not the most colourful, its very unusual.

Thanks for sharing!

Wonderful Kurt thanks for sharing
its amazing to see your shots of these in there natural environment, I go to a butterfly house at the zoo where they have tropical butterflies it's made my day to see these
they have had the Lime butterfly in before
excellent shots too

Beautiful photos.....that second one really is an amazing looking creature!! Are you sure it is real?? :)

Fantastic set, and agree the Dragontail looks like a fish,beutifully taken photo's all top quality,how I wish for some of those over here....:rolleyes:

Clive

WOW some fantastic shots Kurt - every one of them, but the one that catches my eye the most is the Beautiful Green Dragontail butterfly, reminds me of a fish! even though its not the most colourful, its very unusual.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks, Carl. Love dragontails too. I was awe struck when I saw my first one!

Wonderful Kurt thanks for sharing
its amazing to see your shots of these in there natural environment, I go to a butterfly house at the zoo where they have tropical butterflies it's made my day to see these
they have had the Lime butterfly in before
excellent shots too

Thanks, Pete. Yes, all in their natural habitat. Some taken at night.

My word Kurt... No 1 is like a bokeh wet dream!

last one Dark Jungle Glory butterfly is my fav and a great spot.

Wonderful series of shots of some stunning creatures, you really are spoilt for choice over there.

Back