Buying a D300 at duty free

Thats bonkers - thats more than I paid for my Day One order - £1679 from RGBTech, 23rd July.

I agree and I am glad I picked up my D300 last week and didnt wait to get to Heathrow today to pick up my £1400 D700 as I have a feeling some very rude words may have been used when I got to the counter to see the new price!

Tax free prices now at new levels, the D700 has risen to £1652 TF with a RRP of 1899, not much choice and lenses very poor pricing e.g. 348 for a 70-300vr which is only a couple of pounds cheaper than online :(

I have always said that Dixons tax free prices are a rip off compared to readily available online prices. But somebody always comes along with contradictory comments so I have given up. Even at the famous Dubai airport, for cameras, lenses, electrical etc I have found exactly the same. Last year I found that, give or take £10 or £20, cameras, lenses and tripods were the same as online prices here.

Anyway, around 3 years ago I got myself a Tom Tom from a Dixons at Heathrow. I had an idea that the going price was around £400, which I had last seen maybe 2 weeks previously. So the Dixons price of £360 looked ok. I took a gamble, bought one and had it posted home. When I got back about 5 days later I looked at online prices. £320.

Honestly, the only thing Dixons at the airport are good for is picking up your mains plug adaptors.

1652! Bloody hell, that's gone up 200 quid. It's gone up 400 quid in little over a month. Someone is having a laugh, and probably a very nice holiday, at our expense.

Back