Buying camera from uk seller on eBay.

Name
si
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I'm looking at buying a new Nikon d5300/d5500. I've looked through all the major high street shops and there is no real difference in price. I've then looked on eBay and prices are over £100 cheaper and from supposedly uk sellers.
Have people brought from these type of sellers and is there any implications when it comes to warranty claims etc.

Cheers

Hi

It depends on if the seller is actually selling grey imports or uk stock?

May be if you put up a link or 2 people may be able to help.

There are other places where you can get grey imports with 3 years warranty like panamoz or hdew and a lot of people on TP have used them.

Also worth having a look on camerapricebuster website for prices.

I honestly dont want to open a can of worms but,these sellers may be UK based but the camera could be anywhere in the world,some of them say UK stock but then delivery is often 7 days ?,your warranty is with the seller do you trust them,will they still be here in 11 months,i know its similar with the sellers mentioned above but i think they are a safer bet.

Just buy from H.DEW. U.k based ,selling imports with a genuine 3 year u.k warranty via a authorised Nikon/ canon repair centre .no hassle buying we have used them for years and have warranty claims that were dealt with properly and quickly and in one case a full refund on a six month old lens that couldn't be fixed

Last edited:
I'll look into hdew thanks. I suppose I could also wait until Black Friday and see what deals come up

Back