Buying from HDEW & Panamoz

Not grey related but............

This is why I didn't wait for the Fuji X-T2 to appear. I reckon the prices will go up.

So I got a bargain on an as new X-T1 kit on the Bay.

But they would affect all prices, wouldn't they? Not just grey-marketeers prices, surely.
It will affect the grey prices immediately. It will only affect official prices when they import more. Those items already in the country won't be affected.

Here's a Q for all you economists out there......

So with the GBP at a 30-year low against the USD, prices will continue to rise?

And grey-market prices quicker?

The cost of all foreign goods depends on the exchange rate. If the GBP falls in value, prices rise, but it's got as much to do with market confidence as it has with trading reality. For example, nothing has actually changed since Brexit, and won't for a long time yet, but the market has panicked and we are where we are. It'll bounce back.

There are upsides though. One of my biggest clients pays me in U$D so I've just got a nice rise thank you :D

The cost of all foreign goods depends on the exchange rate. If the GBP falls in value, prices rise, but it's got as much to do with market confidence as it has with trading reality. For example, nothing has actually changed since Brexit, and won't for a long time yet, but the market has panicked and we are where we are. It'll bounce back.

There are upsides though. One of my biggest clients pays me in U$D so I've just got a nice rise thank you :D

Where's that thumbs up smiley when you need it......?

-- clip --. For example, nothing has actually changed since Brexit, -- clip --

Are you looking at News channels on a different planet? People are at each other's throats,... five-fold increase in racial hatred crimes.... there is no credible UK government... don't even have a PM....

Back