Bwlch 13 September - Quiet day

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Walking up the hill we were buzzed by a green Hercules which failed to come round again. :bang:

A long while later an Apache approached from Dinas :banana:

Unfortunately it passed us higher than the hill opposite :razz:

Another long wait and a Squirrel from the Central Flying School passed very low but in poor light. :thinking:

All I got, therefore.

Next time...

7983651914_320473aacb_b.jpg
[/url] Squirrel, Bwlch by Boynielaad, on Flickr[/IMG]

Sounds all in that the day was a little bit of a let down, but this is still a nice photo, I wounder what about giving the colours a little more pop, maybe a slight boost to the contrast to really bring the image to life, part of me would like to see a bit more panning with more prop blur, but that said my recent efforts have been pityful by comparison to this so I would still be happy with what you've got here, and I do know how hard it is to get the perfect prop disk with these werly birds :bonk:

Matt
MWHCVT

part of me would like to see a bit more panning with more prop blur, but that said my recent efforts have been pityful by comparison to this so I would still be happy with what you've got here, and I do know how hard it is to get the perfect prop disk with these werly birds :bonk:

Matt
MWHCVT

I think he has done very well with the prop blur and is pretty much on the limits
when you consider he has been sat on a hill all day - seen nothing and then gets one pass only of a Helicopter using a slow shutter to start with
so going any slower would be pretty foolish IMHO
I agree that a slight increase in contrast would make it pop a bit more but overall he should be pretty pleased with what he got

these Low Level shots are not the same as shooting at an airshow where you get 20 passes of every aircraft usually its a one time pass
balls it up and its a long drive home with zero to show for it

Walking up the hill we were buzzed by a green Hercules which failed to come round again. :bang:

Another long wait and a Squirrel from the Central Flying School passed very low but in poor light. :thinking:

All I got, therefore.

Next time...

I would be happy with that image. I was also half way up that bloomin' hill when that Hercules came around the mountain. It would have been a spectacular shot but I could not get my camera out in time. I scratched that day (not counting the Apache as it was so far away)

We must have passed each other at some point.

I had a fantastic day on the Tuesday though.

Jason

Sounds all in that the day was a little bit of a let down, but this is still a nice photo, I wounder what about giving the colours a little more pop, maybe a slight boost to the contrast to really bring the image to life, part of me would like to see a bit more panning with more prop blur, but that said my recent efforts have been pityful by comparison to this so I would still be happy with what you've got here, and I do know how hard it is to get the perfect prop disk with these werly birds :bonk:

Matt
MWHCVT

The first few shots were at 1/1600 as my camera was set up for a jet and I forgot to change it soon enough.

This was at 1/125. Any slower and I think I'd have struggled to keep it sharp.

Good point re the colours though - the grass is actually a bit greener than that - I'll revisit.

All I got, therefore.

Next time...

I would be happy with that image. I was also half way up that bloomin' hill when that Hercules came around the mountain. It would have been a spectacular shot but I could not get my camera out in time. I scratched that day (not counting the Apache as it was so far away)

We must have passed each other at some point.

I had a fantastic day on the Tuesday though.

Jason

We arrived at around 10am and went, first to the lower level. Then Meirion, Postie and Mountain Meerkat arrived and said we'd be better off on the middle shelf.

Were you on the top shelf then?

Disappointed with the Apache driver staying so high. That would have been nice.

Although we had no jets I'm happy with the day - never seen a Herc, Apache or Squirrel in the Loop.

Back