Cad East / West A day of two halves 240608

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, having not posted for a while I thought I'd share these.

Well here's the first, I'd got myself down to Wales and up onto Cad-East (I will drive up next time, I promise lungs :bonk: ) and having seen the weather Hawk go through the thick side of inverted as I parked up, I thought - Oh yes, the boys are up for it, however a couple of hours went by before things started to move and then happy hour started :D .

1 solo Hawk followed by 3 pairs between 10 and 11 - very nice.

Here's the pics, I decided to spare you the "belly pics" cos they don't do much for me either but I did manage a pair in a frame - a first - woo hoo!

IMG_7146.jpg

IMG_7160.jpg

IMG_7184.jpg

Now I nearly lost "tail end charlie" which sneaked around the back, but he made a great picture and a wave

IMG_7196.jpg

IMG_7198.jpg

The day continues in the next post.

So onto the second half.

At 12ish I made my way across the valley onto Cad West where I met up with Graham and Phil, things were pretty slow for another couple of hours until I heard those three magic words from Graham (DEFINATELY NOT, I LOVE YOU!) but thankfully "IT'S A TONKA"

Again here's the pics;

Not quite as it appeared, just a levels adjustment - but I like it

IMG_7213.jpg

Back to "as taken"

IMG_7216.jpg

IMG_7217.jpg

Not long afterwards I spotted the exhaust trails of this one speeding through Bala :woot:.

IMG_7229.jpg

IMG_7230.jpg

And another cheeky wave to finish from the Hawk which turned up right on schedule as we prepared to walk off the hill, what a grand day out

IMG_7247.jpg

Hope you enjoy.

Last edited:
Lovely shots, cockpit shot of hawk is ace,

Looks like the rain held off for you today, weather men put me off going again today (Tue)

Do your legs still work!!!!!!!!, Cad West is a steeeeeep :razz: climb if you went up as far as the big post (well worn flattish bit)

Glad you had a good day,

Martin

Last edited:
Back