Cage Fighting!

Edit My Images
Yes
I recently done a shoot for the local cage fighting gym, the event they had on was that some cage fighters from a gym in france came over to fight the people from this gym. I have never done anything like this before, I am more of a BMX photographer than anything. Needless to say I was very snap happy and almost ran out of memory at one point, ooops! A dvd was put together of all the pictures for the fighters, family members or anyone else to buy. These are just a few of these pictures, please tell me what you think and help me improve, Thank You!

Sorry for the links, I'm not sure how to post from flickr no more!

MMA by lewylinto, on Flickr

Last edited:
cant see pics ..only links.. you need to show the pics in here to get comments..

Thanks :) I have now changed them so you can see the images.

Last edited:
Didn't really have a choice about using a flash because the lighting was utter rubbish to say the least plus all the fighters where asked before anything happened and they where fine with it.

Didn't really have a choice about using a flash because the lighting was utter rubbish to say the least plus all the fighters where asked before anything happened and they where fine with it.

Then you did the job with the wrong equipment... what camera and lens where you using? If we know that then we can offer advice on how to improve.. but difficult if we dont know what your using :)

You are going to laugh at me now like haha I was using a Nikon D3000 and the standard kit lens and do was the other photographer.

Lewy

Tony doesn't laugh.....

Seriously though he gives good advice. He may not waste words but heed the advice..

I do ahve a sense of humor.. But I know what he means and I do come accross wrong at times.. but mean well :)

Your equipment and lens is against you for this type of work.. the highest iso you can use is 3200 and i am guessing thats bad.. plus your lens would need to be f2.8 minimum..

if your going to do it again and your going to charge again then i would go for a lens borow to be honest.. i have shot MMA in very dark places and my equipment has struggled...

but saying that.. you got pics.. your sold them.. so thats a winner.. but to improve as you asked.. I am afraid it is an equipment thing :(

Phew at least Tony knew that what I said was tongue in cheek.

I don't want him sending the heavies round for me..

I have been looking into d90 bodies because you can pick some of them up pretty cheaply. I hate my camera but I haven't even had it a year yet like but I think I may get some new kit for Christmas. Thanks for the help :)

Can i be very very pedantic.. As i fighter its MMA ( mixed Martial arts ) not Cage fighting. Cage fighting really gives us a bad impression. Ha.

I agree tho, i would not be happy if i was fighting with flash going off in my face. High ISO and a nice fast lens is what you need to use.

"Cage Fighting"...cringe...

I hear northerners have a sloppy easily passable guard? Maybe I'm wrong ;) lol

What fight organisation was it in fella? And what's your name?

Sorry, total thread hijack, always nice to chat to other fighters

I'll keep an eye out fella. Sad to hear it didn't go to plan, next time, smash him :D

Tbh he was a good fighter. What level are you fighting?

Relative newbie to MMA to be totally honest. I'm from a traditional Jikishin Ju Jitsu and Muay Thai background, I trained with TSG in Essex for a while, now debating Tsunami in Cambridge but it's a little bit of a trek for me

Not only did he lose to the choke he pretty much handed it to him on a plate. I was in his corner screaming But he just popped his head in there the Muppet haah. And yes his guard is easy to pass aswell.... It is for me atleast anyway...

Tony is right tho he lost to a very strong and skillfull guy, had a good standup battle even if Tony took a few clean knees he landed some great hands but on the ground he simply made a silly mistake.

Danny i have a good mate and old training partner that now trains at Tsunami. He loves it there. Some great pros.

asphotographymk said:
Not only did he lose to the choke he pretty much handed it to him on a plate. I was in his corner screaming But he just popped his head in there the Muppet haah. And yes his guard is easy to pass aswell.... It is for me atleast anyway...

Tony is right tho he lost to a very strong and skillfull guy, had a good standup battle even if Tony took a few clean knees he landed some great hands but on the ground he simply made a silly mistake.

Danny i have a good mate and old training partner that now trains at Tsunami. He loves it there. Some great pros.

It was a very silly mistake. The week after went and got a win to make myself feel better and im off to go and get another tonight!

That's all it takes though hey, here's my neck, 'av a go on it if you fancy (y) lol

I've heard nothing but good things about tsunami, it's a bit of a bugger though, I live the other side of stansted airport so about 45mins to an hour each way. Having said that I did train at the A Max gym in cambs when I was powerlifting, so I cooooould do it :shrug:

Back