Calling all Sony Alpha users! (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps someone will come along who can point us in the right direction, otherwise I've just wasted £175.

Stunning - I sold my D700 over the weekend, and I'm really tempted to get a second A900 tbh...

Last edited:
Puddleduck your a star

2010_0208Image0001.jpg

I did mention that the ADI & TTL settings on your gun & body didn't match ...
have you checked/matched the lens/gun focal length settings yet?

given that the UK is the best performing market in Europe for the A900 I can't help but think that this points to a refresh/upgrade/replacement being on the horizin.

TBH I think its probably a mis-price.

Do you mean the zoom seting on the flash gun if so it was set at 24mm, looks like everbody is going to post a shot of their car in the dark :LOL:

Ah right you were talking about my original shot that I posted, sorry thought you meant the second one in hear today.

Sony A900 available at play.com for £1299!
Want!

If I didn't have service and MOT coming up on both the car and the van (and expecting a really big bill on the car) I'd lob it on the plastic.

Seems to be no longer for sale, perhaps they sold out and we'll see a bunch of them for sale for £1500 next week.

Probably!

Amazing price, I was really tempted to order another, but managed to restain myself.

Cracking deal if Play honours it.

Done the deed and upgraded to a A700, Thought I would see if I could smooth out the learning curve and ask all you A700 users for any tips or tricks as it seems a fare step up from my A200, Thanks in advance Ian

links aren't working & there doesn't seem to be any exif imbedded when I looked on your flickr.

May be of interest to a few in this thread!!

Been looking to get a genuine Sony grip for my A200 for a good while now and for this price now is as good a time as ever.
Never dropped on one of the PCWorld/Curry sell off's.

Tried an aftermarket grip and have been less than impressed with the feel of the shutter button

Sony VG-B30AM Vertical Battery Grip £86.49 delivered http://www.wilkinson.co.uk/store/product.php?productid=19155

Probably fakes - seller just doesn't know it.

You can get "genuine" batteries on Ebay for £13 ;)
I've worked out what's probably happening here - the seller will have bought the accessory packs that Curys was selling for £15 (these included an NP-FM500) & he's splitting them.
He's selling 3 cases @ £20 & 3 batteries @£20.

I've worked out what's probably happening here - the seller will have bought the accessory packs that Curys was selling for £15 (these included an NP-FM500) & he's splitting them.
He's selling 3 cases @ £20 & 3 batteries @£20.

oh right, that explains things.

I bought one on Ebay and asked the seller if it was genuine (only £14 BIN) and he said it was a split from the same thing.

Last edited:
Probably fakes - seller just doesn't know it.

You can get "genuine" batteries on Ebay for £13 ;)

Well I bought two (which left 3) and they arrived this morning, superfast delivery, must have mailed them before I'd paid for them. (y)

Certainly look genuine and come with Sony packaging, paperwork and guarantee...2nd one on charge at the mo' so time will tell.

Well I bought two (which left 3) and they arrived this morning, superfast delivery, must have mailed them before I'd paid for them. (y)

Certainly look genuine and come with Sony packaging, paperwork and guarantee...2nd one on charge at the mo' so time will tell.

Thanks, just ordered one. Now have 3 in total, should be Ok for afew shots!

Do yours work Ok in the camera and show % remaining OK?

Blonkster

Thanks, just ordered one. Now have 3 in total, should be Ok for afew shots!

Do yours work Ok in the camera and show % remaining OK?

Blonkster

Yeah, all o.k, not had a chance to take many pics yet though...give them a good trial tomorrow.

Well, no problems with the batteries but sold out now.

Couple more here from a Dyxum link, but a tenner dearer :-(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back