Critique Cambridge Walkabout

blakester

Shine On Harvest Moon
Name
Iain
Edit My Images
No
A few shots from a recent walk around Cambridge.
I didn't have any particular intentions when I went out that day, thought I'd have a walk around to see what I could see.
The aerial shots are taken from the top open level of a multi storey car park, the harsh sun/shadows were particularly appealing to me.
The other shot of the couple amused me that the window mannequins mimicked them in both pose and style (the young woman's skirt being checked.
C&C welcome as always.

Bus Stop
by Iain Blake, on Flickr

The Volunteer
by Iain Blake, on Flickr

Buses Only
by Iain Blake, on Flickr

Matching Pair
by Iain Blake, on Flickr

I tried something similar from the Tesco car park in Chester. They were rubbish. Envious.

The aerial POV is great, and in today's environment of drone photography I wonder whether "normal" ways of doing it will become passe in years to come. Perhaps the style will be, but your care when taking photographs always engages me which puts them a step and a half above "ordinary" aerial stuff. Composition is beautiful as is your choice of environment inclusion.

I really like the last. 'Proper' street photography and even though there's one person on a phone (how hard is it to do street work without "person on a phone" photos?) the guy looking over her shoulder makes it. "Who you textin'?" Storytelling at its best.

More plz.

Have the first three been rotated to the right? The perspective looks wrong to me, most noticeably in the two colour shots.

I tried something similar from the Tesco car park in Chester. They were rubbish. Envious.

The aerial POV is great, and in today's environment of drone photography I wonder whether "normal" ways of doing it will become passe in years to come. Perhaps the style will be, but your care when taking photographs always engages me which puts them a step and a half above "ordinary" aerial stuff. Composition is beautiful as is your choice of environment inclusion.

I really like the last. 'Proper' street photography and even though there's one person on a phone (how hard is it to do street work without "person on a phone" photos?) the guy looking over her shoulder makes it. "Who you textin'?" Storytelling at its best.

More plz.

Thanks Ian, as i mentioned in reply to your kind comment over on flickr, I have parked the strangers project for a bit but still wish to get out and point my camera at people.
I didn't set out the other day with anything particular in mind but with the harsh sunlight, I thought I would make use of the strong shadows hence why I found myself at the top of the carpark.

Thanks again!

ps, you have mail, I sent you a message about your ARPS endeavours.

Have the first three been rotated to the right? The perspective looks wrong to me, most noticeably in the two colour shots.

Yes, Dave, I rotated them so as the 'writing' in them was in the horizontal.

Yes, Dave, I rotated them so as the 'writing' in them was in the horizontal.
I thought so. They make my eyes hurt!

Potential for a series in the idea though. (y)

Back