Camera Bags for the Girls/Ladies

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
This is a question that pops up from time to time - us girls want a bag that looks like a proper handbag, but internally is the padded safety of a camera bag. I have seen the Jill-e bags before, but only recently discovered Kelly Moore bags.

They don't come cheap, but there is a good range of styles, sizes and colours, and whilst Kelly is a US photographer, there is a UK stockist.

So, if you fancy splashing out on a stylish bag, or for the blokes, if you want to buy your good lady one [there is even a 'man bag' version] then these might be worth looking at/drooling over :love:

Kelly Moore at Ever Leaf

Hi Yv,

Do you have one of these? Perhaps the answer is not yet!!!

I am interested to understand what the material is like; website says waterproof but they are a lot of money for plastic!

Thanks,

Tracey

They ARE expensive, this kind of thing always is unfortunately. I got the red B-Hobo and it looks and feels very much like real leather, but the site does say man made material - waterproof? Hmm... not tested it, only had a week but I would suggest shower proof, not torrential down poor proof - pretty much like any well made handbag or indeed most camera bags if they don't have a proper waterproof cover.
I can say that so far it does seem very well made indeed, everything stitched up and finished properly, the internal dividers are as good as the ones in my other branded bags, and the zips, loops and metal rings all good quality sturdy items.

If leather is what you want, have a look at Jill-e on Amazon, but they are even more expensive, which is why I had never got one, they were firmly stuck to the wishlist :|

I looked at Kelly Moore bags when I was looking for a more feminine camera bag but decided against it as I could take a similar leather bag and make my own.

You can buy, in most outdoor shops, waterproof spray. It's meant for tents and coats but I can't see why you can't use it on bags. Again, might not make it torrential rain proof but may add a bit more protection.

Calumet stock Jill-e bags and I was lucky enough to buy a medium bone one from their eBay shop for £100 as they were clearing it out. So may be worth a little look? They do pop up on eBay every now again.

I'd highly recommend Jill-e bag, I'm in love with mine!

Rhian

Thanks for the detailed replies Yv and Rhian. Good to have a better understanding of both options especially as they are not ever going to be mainstream stock for the well known camera shops.

Decisions, decisions!

Best wishes,

Tracey

Back