Camera Club Listings

Anyone know of any clubs in the Norwich area?

Bradford Photographic Society (est. 1860)

Meets every Thursday (Sep-May) involve both informal chat and a scheduled programme of talks, demonstrations, workshops, Q & A etc.

Bradford Photographic Society Programme of Events

There are club and regional competitions, exhibitions and occasional field trips.

Absolutely all ages, levels of experience, film and digital users are very welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
:DSouth East - West Malling Camera Club:D

Meets on every Tuesday night from 8 until 10ish.
Last week we had a talk from Pat Jones of Sevenoaks Club and she went through all her landscape pictures
Tonight is portrait night

http://www.westmallingcameraclub.co.uk/

but hopefully soon to come on a Wednesday will be the Vigo one :D

any near the derby area??:)

Meets every Tuesday evening at 7.45 ish at Warkton village hall just outside Kettering, with a couple of months off in the summer.

Great crowd of people - very mixed in age and camera knowledge and an active competition league runs through the year.

PM me if you need more info or just dont fancy turning up on your own not knowing anybody.

http://www.ketteringphotosociety.org.uk
:wave::wave::wave:

Does anyone know of a camera club in central Barnsley? I know there's one outside of Barnsley but as I don't drive I can't get there...x

Meets every Tuesday evening at 7.45 ish at Warkton village hall just outside Kettering, with a couple of months off in the summer.

Great crowd of people - very mixed in age and camera knowledge and an active competition league runs through the year.

PM me if you need more info or just dont fancy turning up on your own not knowing anybody.

http://www.ketteringphotosociety.org.uk
:wave::wave::wave:

I belong to this one too and can vouch for its friendliness!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Bradford Photographic Society (est. 1860)

Meets every Thursday (Sep-May) involve both informal chat and a scheduled programme of talks, demonstrations, workshops, Q & A etc.

BPS 'Syllabus' 2008/9

There are club and regional competitions, exhibitions and occasional field trips.

Absolutely all ages, levels of experience, film and digital users are very welcome. Please, feel free to contact me for more details.

Just had a quick look at your link, yup, i'm quite interested. I'm in Denholme and hopefully will catch ya soon.

(y)

http://www.worcestershirecameraclub.co.uk/aboutus.html

We are a friendly and long established Club, having been founded in 1890, surprisingly, by members of a cycling club who enjoyed taking photographs. We are proud that the Club has always moved with the times and has kept to the forefront of the latest techniques and trends in photography. This is still the case today as we embrace work produced digitally as well as by film and traditional darkroom methods.

Our main aim is to encourage the enjoyment and practice of photography at all skill levels. We run a varied programme of talks, competitions, audio-visual sequences, practical evenings and social events - in fact something of interest for all.

In addition to the weekly programme, the club runs a digital photography group which meets monthly and also arranges Photoshop familiarisation sessions on a group or one to one basis.

Outings to various places are organised, often taking advantage of group admission fees and opportunities not available to non-members.

To assist members to improve their photographic skills we also run a mentoring scheme.

Our latest project is the establishment of close ties with Clubs overseas by way of picture exchange schemes - currently with The Seven Hills Camera Club in Worcester, Massachusetts, USA, and the Groupe Photo Region Vernon Club in France. To find out more about these clubs go to our Links page.

As part of our association with Seven Hills CC we have engaged in a monthly photo exchange in which members from each Club provide, on a monthly basis, a photo showing seasonal variations and something about the area and culture of their respective Worcester and its environs. The current photos may be viewed by clicking the Photo Exchange button below.

Exhibitions of the work of our members are regularly arranged at various venues in the Worcester area. An ongoing exhibition of our Members' prints can be viewed at the Swan Theatre, Worcester.

TAUNTON CAMERA CLUB, SOMERSET​

Taunton Camera Club meets every Monday evening at 7:30 pm in the United Reform Church Hall, Paul Street, Taunton, from the beginning of September through to the end of May.

Meetings take a variety of forms, often a visiting speaker, regular competition nights, some sets of slides or prints from a variety of organisations, and some “home grown” evenings where our members discuss their own specialities.
Members are only too willing to pass on their skills.

We cover all forms of photography including traditional darkroom printing (in monochrome & colour), slides and more recently, digital. All topics are of interest – creative, landscapes, portrait, natural history, sport, travel and audio-visual etc., etc.

Our current membership represents virtually the whole spectrum of skills and interests. Some members rarely show off their work, whilst others have gained awards from the Royal Photographic Society and other such bodies. If you feel like entering one of the regular competitions, we have classes for “Beginners” as well as “Advanced”.

Members pay an annual subscription fee and a nominal amount each night they attend to cover refreshments etc.

During the summer break, regular outside activities are arranged for those interested.

The club is affiliated to the Photographic Alliance of Great Britain through the Western Counties Photographic Federation.

Last edited:
I go to a local club, but couldn't recommend it.

Its quite a large club, well attended with a full program of events and regular outings. trouble is I have been going for 6 months and I have only been spoken to by two members, The Chairwoman and the treasurer.

Miserable bu**ers

As there is not one in my close area i am wanting to start one... i have started an online one where we hold monthly meets and competitions and tutiorals ect... if your from the Longbenton or surrounding areas in newcastle please pm and ill give you more info?

Once we get a decent amount of interest we could arrange to meet up in a local community centre of something?

Worthing camera club is one of the oldest clubs around, I dont belong anymore but its a very talented club.
when I firs joined, I was the first person to enter a competition with a pic taken on a digital camera, and they treated me like an alien.
I popped in a few months ago to see what was happening after a few years away.
This time there was not a single film photographer in the house except me, I had gone back to my old canon AE1.
strange how things turn out

http://www.worthing-photographic.org.uk/

I go to a local club, but couldn't recommend it.

Its quite a large club, well attended with a full program of events and regular outings. trouble is I have been going for 6 months and I have only been spoken to by two members, The Chairwoman and the treasurer.

Miserable bu**ers

I've heard the same kind of thing happens with the camera clubs in Glasgow also.
Billy

Back