Camera rubbers coming loose

Name
Mark Molloy
Edit My Images
Yes
My Nikon D700 has started to have some issues with the rubber grips coming loose. The rubbers are still in good condition showing minimal wear. What type of glue do I stick them down with again? I could replace them but as I said they are still in very good condition apart from lifting from the camera body. Thanks...

I have had this issue many times in the past, had it on my two D700's twice in the past, just had it happen to my D80 aswell a few days ago, I always just put a drop or two of Super glue down it and gently push it back in place, get rid of any spillage and job done! Worked for me everytime in the past and never came off again.

I too have had success with super glue on rubber. On my flash grip. Which lasted for such a long time, it made me wonder why they didn't use something as effective in the first place.

@Joeturner11 ,@markyboy.1967 , what are you doing to the cameras for the rubber to come adrift,never had the problem on any of my bodies?

I've taped round the edges of the rubber with gaffer tape.

@Joeturner11 ,@markyboy.1967 , what are you doing to the cameras for the rubber to come adrift,never had the problem on any of my bodies?

When I bought a D700 used and the D80 just found the rubber was already starting to come off, one of the other D700's I had the grip started to come off after a while of normal use just one of those things I guess

I too had a loose rubber or two. But back to the issue with the D700.

Problem I had was that the rear thumb ones adhesive no longer stuck it to the body. I did try superglue but didn't really work. Still a bit squidgy. So, I bought two rears and a front from Nikon. Total cost including postage £30. Still not fitted the front (red line) one as it is fine. Easy to fit the rear one, but hardest part was carefully removing the superglue!
So, despite others advising superglue, I'd suggest a change of the rubber. eBay have some as do Nikon.

I can vouch for Shoe Goo as an excellent adhesive for re-sticking camera rubbers. Available in black or clear.

I have some gorilla glue, but always use too much and end up with several gorillas stuck together when it expands.
Typical hamfisted woman........:naughty:

Back