Camera suggestions please

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I had a Nikon AW1 which leaked, was reluctantly repaired under warranty by Nikon and has now overheated. I returned the camera to WEX, who were awesome with their customer service first time round and have excelled themselves this time around as well. The long and short of it is that I'm going to get a new camera but what to go for?

The AW1 was bought primarily for a holiday to the Maldives, so lots of snorkelling and holiday snaps and it fitted the bill, just didn't live up to the hype. So the replacement must be small and light enough for travel, shoot raw and be waterproof or have a waterproof case suitable for snorkelling. Im not looking at spending more than I originally paid for the AW1 and accessories, so if we could keep it in 3 figures that would be appreciated.

Many thanks

I've just gone through the same process, waterproof, reasonable image quality, doesn't break the bank etc.

I opted for the Olympus TG 850 which I have just ordered through simply electronics for £165. Reason I chose the Olympus was from all the online reviews it came out on top in terms of iq for cameras in that bracket...

It doesn't shoot raw but then from my understanding without spending silly money there weren't any waterproof cameras that do.

Good luck with the hunt.

Cheers, I just don't know which way to go, way out of my comfort zone!!

Lol that was me last week, wasn't sure whether to insure my camera kit for hols but decided I didn't want to lug it around all hols, in the end simply electronics price couldn't be beat although be interesting to see how long they take to deliver

Back